I am new. But am I doing good?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
H-K-A
Org Profile

I am new. But am I doing good?

Post by H-K-A » Mon Sep 09, 2002 5:40 pm

I have downloaded a lot of music videos from this site... like Street fighter - Things I hate and DBZ Higher etc.etc. but I am still totally new to the concept of making music videos. I haven't even read up on any guides that help you make them... but I still put together a music video of dragonballZ. Please tell me what you guys think. Please please please. You can see it here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... hp?v=10905

This is my first try at a music video. I have done intro videos for a couple of friends before. One of my friends owns a hub and was making dragonballZ episode vcds, so I did a coupel of intros for him on that. But thats about all the experience I have... I have also done some macromedia flash... if that counts. But please give me some feedback. I posted it at like 6 in the morning and now its 3:35 pm. I have had a couple of hits to the page counter... so I know some people have visited it. Please leave some comments or ratings for me too see. I wanna be really good at this and someday even make one of my music videos appear at an anime convention. I know I maybe asking a lot... coz its hardly been 10 hours and I want comments. I am just really excited about having made a music video and would like to know what ppl think of it.
H-K-A is back to take over the Rest

The Non-Professional
Org Profile

Post by The Non-Professional » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:08 pm

thank god no ones flamed you your one lucky bastard.... look no one likes DBZ videos im sorry but no one likes them its just to used already my suggestion get hooked on new animes and new music and make an AMV also get a DVD rom rip some anime and make AMVs with that also buy Adobe premiere 6.0 its an editing program its very good so use that i think thats all you need to know for now so do those things and youll do good kay now never return for 6 months or till you have a good video

Paul Kievits
Org Profile

Re: I am new. But am I doing good?

Post by Paul Kievits » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:09 pm

H-K-A wrote:I have downloaded a lot of music videos from this site... like Street fighter - Things I hate and DBZ Higher etc.etc. but I am still totally new to the concept of making music videos. I haven't even read up on any guides that help you make them... but I still put together a music video of dragonballZ. Please tell me what you guys think. Please please please. You can see it here:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/ ... hp?v=10905

This is my first try at a music video. I have done intro videos for a couple of friends before. One of my friends owns a hub and was making dragonballZ episode vcds, so I did a coupel of intros for him on that. But thats about all the experience I have... I have also done some macromedia flash... if that counts. But please give me some feedback. I posted it at like 6 in the morning and now its 3:35 pm. I have had a couple of hits to the page counter... so I know some people have visited it. Please leave some comments or ratings for me too see. I wanna be really good at this and someday even make one of my music videos appear at an anime convention. I know I maybe asking a lot... coz its hardly been 10 hours and I want comments. I am just really excited about having made a music video and would like to know what ppl think of it.
I'll watch your video tommorow (going to bed now) but whatever people say about you or your video (people are extremly biased against DBZ). Don't become discouraged, just keep going and improve ... just some advice.
Get my 5th video "Mass Murderer": here

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Sep 09, 2002 6:18 pm

Like what's been said, dont get discouraged by the bias members of this Org.

Anyway, I'll check it out. DBZ isn't really bad, it's just that there is so many bad ones out there that it taints a perfectly good anime. :cough:
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

H-K-A
Org Profile

O.K.

Post by H-K-A » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:47 am

Okay guys. Thanks for the heads up. I personally like the DBZ anime... but you are right... there are some really bad music videos out there and in any case everyone makes a music video on DBZ. I am thinking of making a Gundam Wing music video next... we will see what happens. Also... does anyone know of a place I can upload my music videos to? Or a free webpace site which offers lots of bandwidth and no file limitations? and atleast 20 megs of space... not that I am being picky :lol:

Anyhow, thanks for the say.

Freako
Org Profile

ugh .....

Post by Freako » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:01 am

ugh .... must fight .... urge .... to flame ......... can't hold back ...... losing ............................. control ............... ........ please at least tell me you are 12 so i can feel good about not flaming you.

Otherwise you just ruined my day.

NO ...... can't ... do it ............ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

BUT I MUST!!!! NO! ..........

hrmph. :!: :!:

delta shell
Org Profile

Post by delta shell » Tue Sep 10, 2002 11:29 am

uh oh i smell...dragonball...z....snif...snif...yeah..whats that...i...sense...many..many flames.....well.not from me..i like DBZ but we do have some very big ass dbz haters here, but as long as the vid aint shit then hey np, look at castor troys or neogohans or dannypoos, they make better vids than some of the flamers here., oh and please not of that DBZ AMV's make baby jesus cry shit, it wasn't funny the first time.

Engar
Org Profile

Post by Engar » Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:16 pm

I know what you mean, a lot of people *glares at you, you know who you are* flame DBZ now more because its what everyone else does, not because they particulary don't like it. All I can say is that, if what these flamers say is true, then making a great DBZ music video just proves how great you really are. :D

I'll try and give you an opinion later, I cant seem to download it right now.

P.S Welcome to the wonderful world of AMVs! :)

Freako
Org Profile

wait a minute

Post by Freako » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:12 pm

Wait a damn minute ... the more and more i read this quote .. the more it looks fake..... not a bad idea, act like a newbie ... then ask for free hosting? anybody else get that feeling?

i mean really take a look at it again.

..hmmmm

H-K-A
Org Profile

I got an opinion :P

Post by H-K-A » Tue Sep 10, 2002 9:16 pm

Hey, someone gave me an opinion. It won't let me read it. Says somethign about warning ... about something on some line. Anyway, I can see the rating though. I got an 8. 8) . Is that good for a first timer?

Oh yeah, and for the person who asked. I am actually 19, so I guess I ruined your day :twisted:

Anyways, I need to find a server that gives a lot of bandwitdh for free and no file size limitations. Coz right now I have my music video on angelfire.com and it always exceeds the bandwidth after some people download it. Thats why some peopel can't always get to download it. So, do you guys have any idea of a better place? Help would be appreciated.

Also, for all you DBZ Haters out there... I am not gonna do a DBZ music video next so chill. My next video is probably gonna be Gundam Wing... or Fatal Fury or Tenchi Muyo

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”