Mononoke vs Royksopp

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
zenjamon
Org Profile

Mononoke vs Royksopp

Post by zenjamon » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:40 am

Hi, this is my first vid on AMV. I'm just looking for some feedback... It's a tribute to the forest spirits in Princess Mononoke set to some nice electronic vibes from Royksopp.

You can get it from
http://www.etherics.com/stuff/Mononoke_vs_Royksopp.avi

I'm thinking of doing another vid with Mononoke, but using all the cool fight scenes instead, and putting it to a death metal or hardcore electronica track.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:50 pm

i tell you in all honesty that was a very neat video.

You set a mood that was very unique to the song and maintained my interest throughout the whole thing. Good work. Also, your capture quality was excellent for a first video. You dont see too many First Videos that are widescreened and done correctly. Nice mood setting video. Keep up the good work.

dbzrkyyh
Org Profile

Post by dbzrkyyh » Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:01 pm

SnhKnives wrote:i tell you in all honesty that was a very neat video.

You set a mood that was very unique to the song and maintained my interest throughout the whole thing. Good work. Also, your capture quality was excellent for a first video. You dont see too many First Videos that are widescreened and done correctly. Nice mood setting video. Keep up the good work.
x2 this was an excellent first video , the only thing i didnt realy like was the begining , it seemed to drag on for a little bit , but nothing major .. overall good job :wink:

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:36 am

This video was nifty. :up:

Question: Were you high during the creation? Because it sure looked like it :P

Atvaark
Org Profile

Post by Atvaark » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:59 am

I think it's a very good first vid. It really captures the mood of the pictures. Very pleasant to watch, and it shows that long scenes can make a good AMV. (Many creators think they have to make as many cuts as possible for they video not to be boring, and that's totally absurd, it just makes the video annoying and meaningless if you don't do that with a good reason and a particular goal in mind.)

Just a few remarks (but hey, that's a first vid!)...
- The video clearly improves from the beginning towards the end. It's not bad at the beginning, but it becomes really good at the end.
- I don't agree with previous remarks on video quality: compression is quite visible and that makes the AMV less pleasant to watch.

Worth burning on CD! :D

(About your other project... I can't judge without having seen the result, but I doubt I could like it. Probably a matter of personal feelings, I just can't figure out a good result with the description. I hope you'll prove me wrong!)

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:35 pm

A nice mellow-waking-up-kinda vid...
This something, I could play while eating my breakfest.
Goodjob a calm almost tranquail video that invloves none of the major
charcters ,but, the forest itself. :)

mexicanjunior
Org Profile

Post by mexicanjunior » Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:52 pm

Man, this video had some soothe factor. I dig it. :up:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:20 pm

Awesome video man. I can't comment on the editing too much... since I was too busy feeling the flow in this one 8)

Trippy like... I don't know. But very hallucination-like; though soothing at the same time, like the others said.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Daio Kaji
Org Profile

Post by Daio Kaji » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:32 pm

heh heh, i think everyone and their momma likes this video
i know mine did :wink: ... so okay, maybe i lied, my mom doesn't watch AMVs usually unless she walks in on one of my own viewings, but i liked it, same reason as everyone else, mellooooooow

Linky! Linky!

great minds think alike 8)
If you're reading this, you've gone too far...PREPARE FOR RETRIBUTION!!
Don't judge an AMV by it's anime.. u nooB ;D

Savia
Chocolate teapot
Org Profile

Post by Savia » Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:46 pm

I'd have commented on the thread sooner, but I was too relaxed. Nice mood-synch, I suppose you'd have to call it.
"A creator needs only one enthusiast to justify him." - Man Ray
"Restrictions breed creativity." - Mark Rosewater

A Freudian slip is where you say one thing, but mean your mother.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”