new Earthian amv

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Arigatomina
Org Profile

new Earthian amv

Post by Arigatomina » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:36 pm

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=32811

:?

It's a Messiah tribute set to the Angel Sanctuary song, 'Messiah.' Go figure. ^_^; The video starts out dark, but that's mostly my take on the song - though the lyrics *talk* of a savior, it isn't a happy song. I thought it would go better as a 'horror' vid (the song), but it has its sweet moments as well.

Quiet Cannon
Org Profile

Post by Quiet Cannon » Mon Feb 23, 2004 12:24 am

That was a very good video. I haven't seen that anime before, but despite that, I enjoyed the video. Maybe I should take a look at Earthian sometime. It looks pretty interesting. Anyway, good job on the video.
Final Doom "Amazing things will happen here soon."

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Substance "Everyone knows that it's a dangerous substance."

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:20 am

Quiet Cannon wrote:That was a very good video. I haven't seen that anime before, but despite that, I enjoyed the video. Maybe I should take a look at Earthian sometime. It looks pretty interesting. Anyway, good job on the video.
I took some things out of context, but I was hoping it would still 'look' fitting for those who haven't seen the anime. I'm glad you liked it anyway. ^_^ And I'd recommend the anime - just be warned that it snaps from sappy to angsty a lot.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:31 am

Bah, another one already?

/me gets :?
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:43 am

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Bah, another one already?

/me gets :?
Didn't wonder why I haven't posted much? ;p

[And no rush - this is an old idea - the only reason I didn't make it sooner was because I wanted to 'layer' a few scenes and didn't know how until now. ^.~ ]

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:40 am

Arigatomyna wrote:Didn't wonder why I haven't posted much? ;p
I try not to wonder with you anymore. I would've figured, though, that you were trying to catch up on all those reviews. ^_^
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

dbzrkyyh
Org Profile

Post by dbzrkyyh » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:10 pm

pretty good vid ari , not my favorite vid from you but none the less a good video ( i liked the begininh alot :wink:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:55 pm

dbzrkyyh wrote:pretty good vid ari , not my favorite vid from you but none the less a good video ( i liked the begininh alot :wink:
I wouldn't expect this to be anyone's favorite unless they either like the song, or know the anime. ^.~

And hush, Flint. I'll get the reviews...eventually. Khal's had his thread going for about a year - I don't think I'm doing too badly to get one done every so often. >.<

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:58 pm

Lol, I didn't mean to imply you're doing badly. ^_^ Although, you did set up a schedule for reviews and I don't think you're adhering to it. :P

Anyway, I watched your video. It's pretty nice, though I can't say I understand it. o.o I'm not even sure who Messiah is, even now (the angel with the black hair?). I did like the editing, it was interesting with that song. Though, the song kinda bugged me sometimes. I love the music, but the vocals are just silly. I think they're speaking English, but it sounds horrible and that really turned me off. >_<

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Feb 23, 2004 8:14 pm

flint_the_dwarf wrote:Lol, I didn't mean to imply you're doing badly. ^_^ Although, you did set up a schedule for reviews and I don't think you're adhering to it. :P
No, I'm not adhering to it - I gave that up after I wrote the first late op (after failing to meet the deadline). And yes, I feel bad about it, but that's it - I wanted to edit, so I did. If anyone gets angry and impatient, they can always PM me and I'll throw up some scores and be done with it (if they're in a hurry, obviously the scores are all that matters anyway). I just don't have as much time as I'd thought - I know I should have been reviewing instead of being selfish, no need for a guilt trip. ;p
Anyway, I watched your video. It's pretty nice, though I can't say I understand it. o.o I'm not even sure who Messiah is, even now (the angel with the black hair?). I did like the editing, it was interesting with that song. Though, the song kinda bugged me sometimes. I love the music, but the vocals are just silly. I think they're speaking English, but it sounds horrible and that really turned me off. >_<
Yeah - I loved the song because it was so different - I didn't even realize it was in english the first few times I heard it. And Messiah is the greenhaired angel - the first one you see when it says 'messiah' (the second word in the song - 3 still clips). I know I threw a lot of the others (particularly Chihaya - the long-haired black winged angel) in there - but they define Messiah's character, so I had to do it. I like it that way, but I probably should have said you needed to see the anime to follow it. ^_^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”