Neon Genesis Inuyashason

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
wirednerd1
Org Profile

Neon Genesis Inuyashason

Post by wirednerd1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:22 pm

Hi, I just finished my fist video. It's the intro to Neon Genesis Evangelion. Just using inuyasha clips. I got the shots almost identical to the original. Check it out!

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=31487

)v(ajin Koji
Org Profile

Post by )v(ajin Koji » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:28 pm

mmm, only if people say its good. I'm a little too scared to watch this.
I'm bored and you're dumb. A match made in heaven.
- Kai Stromler to son_goten.
Last edited by )v(ajin Koji on Mon 21, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

wirednerd1
Org Profile

Post by wirednerd1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 3:52 pm

aww, come on,

it's only 18Megs and less than 2 minutes long

besides my friends think it's good if that counts for anything.

saviorsephy
Location: my own little world, but don't worry, they all know me here
Org Profile

poor... poor... me...

Post by saviorsephy » Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:23 pm

id love to watch your vid... but im a new user... only 12 more days till i can watch... im counting the days
First they came for Evanecese, and I did not speak out because I was not a fan. Then they came for Creed, and I did not speak out because I was not a fan. Then they came for the Seether, and I did not speak out because I was not a fan. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:26 pm

I'll watch it.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:44 pm

Cyanna wrote:I'll watch it.
I was just about to tell you that you'd better. :P

Great job, man. I was smiling almost the whole way through. Scene selection was excellent; a lot of them (especially the compositions) made me laugh. The NGE opening playing in the corner was nice, too (have you ever seen "Nadesico vs. Evangelion"? same concept, but using Nadesico instead of IY).

Can tell a lot of effort went into this. Great first video and I can't wait to see more. :)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:52 pm

Crud, I was so busy raving that I forgot about the negative points.

The audio should probably be louder; hearing the intro made me think I was okay, but then the main video started and I had to majorly turn up the volume.

Some of the silhouetted and cut-out characters could stand to be anti-aliased so that it's not so obvious that they were added in, especially since you made the distro version 640x480.

Video quality was all over the place; certain scenes looked like DVD rips, but many others, such as the FLCL clip in the intro, exhibited serious macroblocking.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Cyanna
Super Rad!
Org Profile

Post by Cyanna » Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:53 pm

Scintilla wrote:
Cyanna wrote:I'll watch it.
I was just about to tell you that you'd better. :P
The NGE opening playing in the corner was nice, too (have you ever seen "Nadesico vs. Evangelion"? same concept, but using Nadesico instead of IY).
You know me....can't have too many Eva vids. :P

Yeah...I've seen the Nadesico one as well ages ago so I can't say that this concept is completely new to me (Haven't seen it in a while though). But instead of using scenes that just looked similar to each other, you took a different approach and you made it work. That takes a bit of effort. I thought using the shadows and the "rei in the window" bits was pretty clever. :)

wirednerd1
Org Profile

Post by wirednerd1 » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:10 pm

Ya, I saw Nadesico vs. Evangelion a while ago, in fact not long after the first time I saw eva, (4 months ago).

That's pretty much where I got the Idea.

as for the vid quality.....My future videos will likely be more consistent.

thanks for all the good feedback!!! :D

Dragonmaster Lou
Org Profile

Post by Dragonmaster Lou » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:24 am

Excellent job. Reminded me of my Xenogears vs. Evangelion video, although, as others have said, you went out of your way to doctor footage to resemble Evangelion instead of just taking footage that looked like Evangelion.

One thing I didn't like was the Eva opening in the lower left, though, but that's just me.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”