What do I have to do to be taken serious?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:41 pm

<( " )> my eye's are stuck together - ouch!

umm . . my opinion: tooo mush action ( action overload ) - sorry!

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:46 pm

post-it wrote:<( " )> my eye's are stuck together - ouch!

umm . . my opinion: tooo mush action ( action overload ) - sorry!
with what? my video?
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:52 pm

? Grappler Baki.mpeg ? . . yeah! . . well, to me it was too much - too fast.

I think my age has more to do with that then your ViD ^^;;;; ( 44 )

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:55 pm

well yeah its an action video, but its not like I put random clips into it. They all go with the beat and the lyrics. Yeh I guess if you want something slow look somewhere else, because its almost non stop action
"No one ever achieved victory by sitting back and waiting for it to come to them"

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:02 pm

Are you asking to be taken seriously, or to be taken as a celebrity?

Unless you are asking to be taken as a celebrity, why are u complaining about not getting enough opinions one day after you premiered your video? for my first video, i didnt get an opinion for like 3 months (well, admittedly it was a cruddy video). still, i've seen fairly decent videos go months or years without opinions.

You can't expect people to pounce on your video the first two days after it was released unless you or your videos are already well known, and since this is the first video released, you can't expect people to already know how well you edit before they watch it. Especially for 56k viewers: dl'ing a video is a considerable investment so they usually head for videos that they are sure are going to be good.

The fact that it hasn't gotten a ton of reviews yet isn't because people disrespect you, it's because everyday there are a bunch of poorly made newbie videos posted, so the chances of finding a good first amv is pretty rare.

well, i'll try to watch ur amv in the future, but i can't right now. gl at ur cons.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:11 pm

[quote="downwithpants"]Are you asking to be taken seriously, or to be taken as a celebrity?=quote]

WTF? Dude what are you on? I am not asking for op here first of all. I welcome them, but I am not asking for them here. Believe me I know what its all about when I had 56k I was very careful not downloading some piece of sh*t. So op helped me selected if I wanted to download it or not.

I already got ops, so I am good. I just want to be better. I been "WATCHING" AMV For almost 2 years now, and I absorb as much as I could from great AMV creators.

This is what I got so far from the op

"This is excellent work coming from a newb. I can see where you put a lot of work into this vid. Not much more to say"

"Great work man, 1st amv, Ill have to stay tunned for your next videos, cause your good with this, definetly...this video has definetly made my top 10. Great work, and keep it up"

"Excellent job. I was almost sure this was going to be a waste of time for me, because of the anime and it being your first one. Thank you for showing me otherwise"

DanManXYZ
Org Profile

Post by DanManXYZ » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:24 pm

i already dl'ed yr vid from the post you made about it earlier. I love the music you chose, I love the anime you chose, and I love the AMV! Great job.

DuoEnigma
Org Profile

Post by DuoEnigma » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:29 pm

DanManXYZ wrote:i already dl'ed yr vid from the post you made about it earlier. I love the music you chose, I love the anime you chose, and I love the AMV! Great job.
thanks dude!! ~:yawn:~leave~:yawn:~an~:yawn:~Opinion~:yawn:~please~:yawn:~

boy i'm tired

SeeDTien
Org Profile

Post by SeeDTien » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:47 pm

I am not asking for op here first of all. I welcome them, but I am not asking for them here
moments later...
~:yawn:~leave~:yawn:~an~:yawn:~Opinion~:yawn:~please~:yawn:~
~:Yawn:~Hypocrite~:Yawn..
My Music videos:
<A Href=http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =23687>You and I: In Hell Raping My Girlfriend</a> | <A Href=http://www.livejournal.com/users/seedtien>Check out my live journal</a>

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:00 pm

Then, why are you complaining about not being taken seriously? Unless, people have messaged you saying "you are a n00b," i don't understand why you are asking that question.

When I first read your post,
what do i have to do to be taken serious? Yes I am a NOOB!!! But damn its hard to get opinions, not that I am asking for none here.
I interpreted your judgement "its hard to get opinions" as a complaint of lack of opinions or hits, which is a premature judgement if you base it on a video thats only been premiered for 2 days. I understood that you weren't asking for opinions.

Perhaps if you were clearer on what you were unhappy with, I would have answered the question more to your suiting.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”