AS, CCS, RK & YYH vid

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Arigatomina
Org Profile

AS, CCS, RK & YYH vid

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:18 am

My first vid to use dj scans. 8)

Okay, this vid features Angel Sanctuary, Cardcaptor Sakura, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yu Yu Hakusho. The song is 'Love at First Sight' by Kylie Minogue - and this *is* a romance vid.

The amv is compressed with the xvid codec, so if you don't have that let me know and I'll hook you up with it.

Enjoy. ^_^

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=22857

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:23 am

T_T . . wow! . . . talk about two people having extreame views on Anime's
( you with male vid's and my cosplay type vid's )
now THAT was a resource-hog encode!

Would you be so kind as to define/explain the White Angel/guy in CCS please
( I' must be missing something here - on this dude )

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:35 am

Eh, I kept the original xvid compression because the smaller ones boxed up my scans. :? I didn't realize it was hard on the computer, though. I don't know much about that - I think I have a nice comp or something because it played fine for me. ^_^;; Sorry about that.

As for Yue (the one from CCS), I don't mind explaining a bit.

:::::SPOILERS::::::

He was made by Clow Reed as a sort of companion, then when Clow died he sealed Yue away for a while (like hibernation) so he could come back when Sakura opened the book. Yue is the judge who decides if she gets to be master of the cards (since he was so angry when Clow said he was going to leave them to a new master). The reason Yue wasn't sealed inside the book the entire time is because of Touya. If you've seen the end of the first series, Touya used to be in love with Kaho, and when she left (to go join up with Eriol - Clows reincarnation), she said he would find someone else and that nothing was coincidence. Later you find out that Yukito appeared a few months after Kaho left, not knowing he was the 'false form' of Yue. His memories were hidden by Yue (who sees and remembers everything that happens to Yukito - even though Yukito doesn't know about him at first).

Kaho comes back for Sakura's eventual testing and explains that Yukito arrived long before Sakura opened the book because he was 'wished' to be there. This means Touya. And since Yue lived off of Clow's magic, once Sakura starts changing the cards using her own magic Yue doesn't have enough energy to survive. So Yukito starts to fade away. Touya, who knew Yuki wasn't human (he knew from the beginning but never said anything) eventually manages to confront him and give his energy to Yuki. After that Touya has no magic at all, and Yue is pretty much self-efficient. The issue with Eriol (Clow's reincarnation) is that he was there to push Sakura into changing the cards using her own magic because Clows magic was wasting away. If she hadn't changed them to live off of her, they would have become normal cards. It's the same reason Clow arranged Yuki to become friends with Touya - so that by the time Yue starts to fade away, Touya can use his magic to keep him alive.

And an interesting thing - Yue doesn't seem to agree with Yuki when it comes to Touya. At least in the manga and in one part of the anime he says it's very difficult when you're living with two completely different personalities. As far as Yue and Yuki are concerned, they're two different people. But Yue sees *everything* that Yuki sees - Yuki only knows what Yue tells him, which isn't much. It's an odd character, but really a two-in-one deal. And by the end of the series it looks like Yue has made his peace with Yukito and Touya - after Eriol explains that he *isn't* Clow - he's a completely different person just like Yue is different from Yukito.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:46 am

^_^ . . now - THAT finally makes sence . . ^_^

guess I better grab the Manga's before I view the anime's next time ^_~ THx

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Sep 01, 2003 9:55 am

Well, Kaho and Touya talk about it a little at the end of the first season (not in the dubbed cut version), and they explain a lot in the next to last episode of the series. But the manga I've read was for the second season since I hadn't seen it at the time. It tells a little more about Yue's personality in that one - and shows more of the story of Yuki fading away. It lasts a lot longer than the anime lets on. But the manga's as good as the anime. ^_^ I like them both.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:31 am

Manga's and I don't seem to get along too well!
my first ones were of Angelic Layer ( actually, she got them and I . . sorta looked )

Manga:
. a girl gets off a train, finds herself being followed, a crowd has gathered, she hides in the crowd.
. there are a couple of doll's doing something on a building, she ask's what's going on and the guy who was following her say's Angelic Layer.
. she get her doll at the toy store, he gets arrested, she makes her doll.

T_T pretty lame stuff!

Anime:
. as she is getting off the train, she notices that the train station is not as big as she thought it would be for a city that sized; mean while, a slinky charactor in a white doctors outfit is slithering around un-noticed behind her.
. she looks at a crowd that has gathered and looks up at the Poster on a building and ( my jaw hit the floor ) there are two Pro Wrestler Dolls going at it; the white one is smaller but launches Wings and drops a Green Plasma Bomb on the dude she' fighting :shock:

:shock: HIT the Breaks :shock:

8) I proceed to launch these Manga's of that series into the trash can 8)

this Anime was the exception and not the rule
- but Manga's are back on my list now.

and yeah - my CCS are the dubbed ones :oops:

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:48 am

Heh, I've never seen Angelic Layer, but I've heard of it. And I rather liked the CCS dub, but the cut part really messed up the final episode (I got that dvd first a while back) of the first season. It cut out Touya and Kaho talking together - you don't even know he was watching the final standoff with Yue. And they *really* changed what Keroberos and Yue were saying to each other into some strange sappy stuff about being friends with Sakura - instead of having to change back because Yue needs to conserve energy. I don't mind them editing it with the dubbed version, but cutting scenes out is crap. It ruins the storyline. :?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”