SEE MY MPEG GOODNESS!!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bebop0083
Org Profile

SEE MY MPEG GOODNESS!!

Post by Bebop0083 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:21 pm

Thats right no more shitty little wmv/rm files from me any more!! I finally solved my mpeg problem on the ftp. i have two new vids. i would of had 3 but it would of taken till midnight and aol kicked me off.

DBZ
Fly Away Into the Future
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=15437

This is a DBZ vid with an original song. Its one of my best Trunks tributes vids. I orginaly made this back some time in March. I lost this vid in a computer crash so i decided to revive it.

Cowboy Bebop

Knock On Heaven's Door

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=19240

This is a remake of my shitty rm file version. Its almost the same as the original except with better quality and sound. So tell me what you think.

Tab.
Org Profile

Re: SEE MY MPEG GOODNESS!!

Post by Tab. » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:44 pm

Bebop0083 wrote:Thats right no more shitty little wmv/rm files
:evil: :evil: :evil:
◔ ◡ ◔

fyrtenheimer
Org Profile

Re: SEE MY MPEG GOODNESS!!

Post by fyrtenheimer » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:17 pm

Tab. wrote:
Bebop0083 wrote:Thats right no more shitty little wmv/rm files
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Awwww. =\

LOOK AT WHAT U'VE DONE BEBOP

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:19 pm

Heh, sorry, Tab, but few people can get good quality with rm files. I'm glad to hear you're getting your mpg's up now, Bebop. ^_^ Good news.

Bebop0083
Org Profile

Post by Bebop0083 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:50 pm

Arigatomyna wrote:Heh, sorry, Tab, but few people can get good quality with rm files. I'm glad to hear you're getting your mpg's up now, Bebop. ^_^ Good news.
plus to add to that some people cant download rm files. do to what ever circumstances. rm files are evil evil!!!!

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:59 pm

Bebop0083 wrote:plus to add to that some people cant download rm files. do to what ever circumstances. rm files are evil evil!!!!
explain this please. Anyone can download a RM file. Anyone can download any kind of file. Anyone can play back a RM file. RV9's quality exceeds any other lossy video codec. RA8 is >= ogg vorbis which are better than any other lossy audio codec. RM files are GOD GOD GOD!!!

/soapbox
◔ ◡ ◔

Bebop0083
Org Profile

Post by Bebop0083 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:34 pm

well one person on the org here i read some time ago said he couldnt download rm files cause every time the player was installed his computer crashed. the only thing i like about rm files is the download time. and some times things can have set off beats and stuff this usually happens when you convert from rm files to mpeg files. its usually set off by a couple a seconds. i do have some rm file vids if you want to download em.

Arigatomina
Org Profile

Post by Arigatomina » Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:59 pm

It's true. I've had more than my share of troubles with rm files. If that codec pack Tab was working on is effective, it could help, but as it stands there are a lot of people who have problems when they use realone player. This keeps them from even touching rm files. They won't download them. I had to reinstall realplayer 3 times before I could get it to work properly - and that's more trouble than most people would go through to watch something that could be made into mpg and watched without any added codecs on windows media player. It's universally easier to use and watch mpg - windows media player comes on most computers without the need to add anything. As for compressing with real formats - maybe it *can* give better results, but I haven't seen any vids that managed to get good results with rm files. Either they don't know how to do it, or the files aren't playing back properly. With mpg you don't have that problem unless you're using an older or newer mpg codec. :?

Iamshadowkiller
Org Profile

Post by Iamshadowkiller » Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:39 pm

I will not stand for any insults to the wmv format...that's like calling my father a ghey nazi :? ...glad I am you got mpeg versions up for download but no need to insult the other formats...

SHADOW THE DEFENDER OF UNDERRATED FORMATS ....they call me...

/end
Oh how convenient. A theory about God that doesn't require looking through a telescope.

Bebop0083
Org Profile

Post by Bebop0083 » Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:29 pm

shadow13 wrote:I will not stand for any insults to the wmv format...that's like calling my father a ghey nazi :? ...glad I am you got mpeg versions up for download but no need to insult the other formats...

SHADOW THE DEFENDER OF UNDERRATED FORMATS ....they call me...

/end
i wasnt insulting wmv formats. i like them. its rm formats i dont like but ill still download em though. as long as they play right.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”