Animatrix and Beethoven

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
rick_hardslab
Org Profile

Animatrix and Beethoven

Post by rick_hardslab » Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:14 am

O.K., there is a story behind this video. I had all of these Borders gift cards from the last two or three christmases, and I wanted to use them. My plan was to go and get the new Weird Al CD "Poodle Hat". So I walk into the store and the first thing I see is an "Animatrix" DVD on sale. So I grab it and the Weird Al CD and go home(after paying of course :). So I sit at my computer and start watching the Animatrix (I had listened to the Weird Al CD all the way home). The first thing that I thought of after I watched all nine shorts was "I gotta make a music video with these".

I wanted to do the "Final Flight of the Osiris" first because it was just really cool. As I was ripping it :), I started listening to songs to decide which one I would use. The leading song was "Down with the Sickness", but I was only able to use action with that song. I could not have captured the relationship between the two main characters and the tragic nature of the whole movie. But because the song was long, I could have used alot of footage. I found some other songs that captured the mood and emotions that I wanted, but they were not long enough.

So I started just looking for longer songs. Then I came across my dad's old "Classical Thunder" CDs. I thought, "Hey, classical songs are long, and they don't have any lyrics to constrain them to any one idea or emotion." So I started going through the songs and most of them were either really boring or could not be connected to the footage in any way. Then I came across Beethoven's Fifth and I knew which song to use. It was plenty long enough (almost seven minutes), had plenty of falling and rising action, and everyone knows the song so I would have a broad audience.

So this my first serious dramatic video. I put this together with little to no sleep. So if you have any suggestions on timing, effects, footage placement, or anything else about the video, just put it in your opinion of the video or email me. I will see what I can do. The more feedback I get, the better videos I can make.

Well, here is the link.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=19150

rick_hardslab
Org Profile

Post by rick_hardslab » Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:19 pm

:twisted: :twisted: TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM I GO :!: :twisted: :twisted:

§_Akuma_§
Org Profile

Post by §_Akuma_§ » Tue Jun 24, 2003 1:32 pm

0_o
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... r_id=13690">======§ Akuma §======
2006 § Akuma § Productions</a>

keyboardsamurai
Org Profile

Post by keyboardsamurai » Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:48 pm

Oro?

rick_hardslab
Org Profile

Post by rick_hardslab » Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:32 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”