An older Romantic Slayers vid..can you believe it?

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

An older Romantic Slayers vid..can you believe it?

Post by MistyCaldwell » Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:12 pm

yes, it's old. Well for those who would consider 2001 old. In amv years that seems to be ancient.

Anyway it's a Sarah Brightman song "Only an Ocean Away" and is mostly Slayers Next footage with a hint of...Slayers...

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... php?v=5681

It is one of my older videos just now released so it does not look incredible but considering the number of Slayers romance videos out there it is still pretty original.

And there are of course spoilers...

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:52 pm

Gee, Misty... 81 megs on the local server. I'm likely to get this real soon. :roll: Oh well, I haven't seen Slayers anyway and I'm probably not likely to any time soon.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sat Jun 21, 2003 4:54 pm

:cry:

Actually, it was really hard getting it down to 81 mb at all! It didn't look too great being from a vhs capture in the first place but that is how I own Slayers. I am sure I could get the video down to 50 or so and look a heck of a lot better if you buy me the dvds flint ^_^

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sat Jun 21, 2003 7:22 pm

Lol, yeah sure... I'll just buy you the DVDs before I even watch the series. :wink:

No but really, I'll buy you the DVDs if you pay for my tuition.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

burntoast
Org Profile

Post by burntoast » Sat Jun 21, 2003 8:15 pm

I like your vid.. Although there are some editing & syncing flaws, it's easy to overlook them for the great drama. I especially like the end where Sarah Brightman's vocals go through the roof. Very touching yet powerful. :P
"The only one to deprive you of happiness is yourself."

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Sun Jun 22, 2003 6:26 pm

*sends flint to a cheapo overseas college where he'll learn the many benefits of ocean algae and then I get a nice tax deduction*

-picks up dvds-

:twisted:

Thanks burntoast :D I kept true to my original which means I kept the timing in as well. I thought about even re-doing some scenes entirely but decided against it. Glad you liked it.

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:02 pm

MistyCaldwell wrote:*sends flint to a cheapo overseas college where he'll learn the many benefits of ocean algae and then I get a nice tax deduction*

-picks up dvds-

:twisted:
Gah... but I bet the DVDs cost less anyway. So I win. :twisted:

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:09 pm

Huh? Is the local server slow for ya?

Odd, quite odd - for me, it is certainly the fastest server day in and day out - get a solid, stable 350kbps down from it.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Anime2Envy
Org Profile

Post by Anime2Envy » Sun Jun 22, 2003 10:27 pm

Huh? Is the local server slow for ya?

Odd, quite odd - for me, it is certainly the fastest server day in and day out - get a solid, stable 350kbps down from it.
I don't think his problem is with the server, I think it is with his internet conection. I think he may still be using dial-up :::winces in pain::::

Anyway, I have not watched the video yet Misty, but once I do I will try and leave you a review (that is if you want me to). Consider it a freebie.

Oh and one last thing, please excuse any spelling/grammer mistakes, I have a massive hangover right now. :x

MistyCaldwell
Org Profile

Post by MistyCaldwell » Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:17 pm

I'm suprised you still have working eardrums Anime2Envy ^_^ I attended some dirt track races the week of the Pontiac Nationals (? I think that's what I read it was) at National Trails and saw some footage on tv. It looked pretty darn loud and firey...and here I must have ear plugs for the little late model stock racers at Muskingum County Speedway :wink:

All I really want is for people to enjoy the vid...though my own Black Pontiac Grand AM GT with factory RAM air would be nice too :D

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”