Excel Pop Up Video

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cole
Org Profile

Post by Cole » Wed Jun 18, 2003 8:26 pm

I haven't been able to view it. :(

It took my sorry connection 4 hours to d/l, then cut off at 58MB. WMP says it can't recognize the file. Niether can the DivX player or my Creative media player.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:11 am

If you didnt download the whole file then you wont be able to play it because avis files keep the index at the end of the file.

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:43 am

there's always DivxFix...but I don't think works with Xvid...
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Cole
Org Profile

Post by Cole » Thu Jun 19, 2003 4:55 pm

That's what I thought. I hate my dial-up.

Bloodyfäng
Org Profile

Post by Bloodyfäng » Thu Jun 19, 2003 5:50 pm

Cole wrote:That's what I thought. I hate my dial-up.
I find it seems you get disconnected less frequently at night. Works for me at least.

Kinematics
Org Profile

Post by Kinematics » Thu Jun 19, 2003 9:06 pm

@Cole:
You can also open it up in VirtualDub using the extended options and have it rederive the keyframe flags, then just save a copy (direct stream video/audio). I've used that a few times when I've only got a partial file, and it seems to work fine.

Oh, and the video was very cool :) Waitin' for the one with the bloops put in.

--
David

kurt
Org Profile

Post by kurt » Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:08 pm

Kinematics wrote:Waitin' for the one with the bloops put in.
I put the one with the pop up sound on my website. But after showing Phade the two mistakes where I left out some layers (due to stupidly deleting files before the final export), he let me replace it. (What an awesome guy.) So now you can even redownload it here from the org and get the fixed version complete with the "bloops".

FATTY_VM
Org Profile

Post by FATTY_VM » Thu Jun 19, 2003 11:23 pm

the video is awesome .. i know im a bit late to the scene .. but i still wanted to say .. great job man .. keep up the work ... the video is sending me to compulsively buy The series now =\ :O :D
...the problem I see a lot is that many good amv makers think they suck, and many bad amv makers think they're good.
I've seen it happen, man! I've SEEN IT!..
--Rob Kenchu

Cole
Org Profile

Post by Cole » Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:15 pm

Kinematics wrote:@Cole:
You can also open it up in VirtualDub using the extended options and have it rederive the keyframe flags, then just save a copy (direct stream video/audio). I've used that a few times when I've only got a partial file, and it seems to work fine.
--
David
Thanks for the tip, I was finally able to watch it yesterday after doing that. All except for the ass-end of the video (the last 30 seconds or so). That was truly classic. I laughed from start to finish. I haven't seen Excel in so long, but I don't remember the show itself even being THAT funny. Very good work, there.

kurt
Org Profile

Post by kurt » Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:13 pm

Utukki wrote: Saying that it's not original just because someone else did a pop-up video already is like saying that all AMVs are not original because setting anime to music has been done already.
Thanks.
Which reminds me, my newest video is out now. It's calles Sappy Self-Euphoria. It's a two-parter. You can download the first part here here and the second part here.

Hope you all enjoy it.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”