World Domination is coming.

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
the Black Monarch
Org Profile

World Domination is coming.

Post by the Black Monarch » Sat May 31, 2003 6:36 pm

World Domination will begin soon. Be prepared for the onslaught of good videos.
Ask me about my secret stash of videos that can't be found anywhere anymore.

Keaton
Org Profile

Post by Keaton » Sat May 31, 2003 10:50 pm

if they're really good videos, then bring it on

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:46 pm

hell yes.......

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:31 pm

Going back to this board reminds me of a dream I had last night about an alternate cut of BSB's music video for their song "Larger Than Life."

Lots of free time + Lots of money + good taste in music and movies + some technical knowledge = pretty good videos

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:26 am

Recent reports from our haxx0r member indicate that we may be chucking all of our Premiere projects in the garbage can in favor of Avid Xpress. It will mean more work rebuilding our videos (or my videos since I'm the only member who's actually made any so far...) from scratch, but it will pay off in the long run.

It is also likely that DivX will be the official distribution codec of our studio, since we generally agree that DivX looks better. In fact, one of our members took one of my XviD-encoded videos and re-compressed it as DivX with Premiere, and liked the DivX version better! I told him that he should have just asked me for the latest DivX export of that video...

If Glorious Nukes has his way, then we're going to have like 3 or 4 music videos using "The Matrix" on the day our website goes up. I told him that it would be a good idea to use video from places other than just Babylon 5 and The Matrix, and he says he will, but so far all of his ideas have been for those two (and the same two or three songs... "Yes, my Love Me When I'm Gone music video for the Matrix is VERY different from my Babylon 5 music video using the same song. And they're both very different from my Headstrong music videos using B5 and The Matrix...") I shouldn't complain, though. I'm going to use Madonna and Evangelion together more times than Linkin Park and DBZ have been, and they'll be 90% Rei tributes... using mostly the same clips, too... Derek Lieu will wish he'd thought of them first. I mean, how can you listen to Swim ("So that we can begin again, wash away all our sin") or The Power of Goodbye ("Creation comes when you learn to say no") and NOT think of Evangelion?

I still have first dibs on all music video ideas that I've put forth in these forums.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Jun 09, 2003 4:32 am

n00b :D

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Mon Jun 09, 2003 6:48 am

Filthy Brit!

*hides crumpet*

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Tue Jun 10, 2003 9:16 pm

Update: Avid Xpress will arrive from a friend who lives in San Francisco but is currently staying at an abandoned military base in Nevada. Once that happens, all of our (meaning my) videos will be remastered and our website can be launched.

World Domination begins in ten days.

the Black Monarch
Org Profile

Post by the Black Monarch » Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:45 am

Update: I have picked out an apartment and will be living there by the end of the month. This will give me greatly increased space and time, allowing more and better music videos to be made in a shorter period of time. Our server my also be relocated to said apartment. Either Jonathan or George (but not both) will be allowed to stay there temporarily for free or semi-permanently if they split rent with me.

World Domination begins in nine days.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”