AMV number 2

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Sat Aug 03, 2002 3:18 am

not enough, whats wierd is that my perfect blue one wont work but so far we have 3 or 4 people that have got this one.

Melfina
Org Profile

Post by Melfina » Sat Aug 03, 2002 11:18 am

4.1k a second...I'm going to bed, it better be done when i get back...lol
Forum Nublar
Webmaster and founder of

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Wed Aug 07, 2002 1:53 am

Do you have the video catalogued on the site? I couldn't find it, and I want to leave an opinion!
ImageImage

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:37 am

sorry but no, I will when I can get them better, permanent hosting.

CaTaClYsM
Org Profile

Post by CaTaClYsM » Fri Aug 09, 2002 1:43 am

ps, did any of you other guys get it finished or did it die mid-download?

Sierra Lorna
Org Profile

Post by Sierra Lorna » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:25 pm

All right, I'll just talk here then...

Hmm... Not bad. The video had excellent quality. It seemed somewhat original too.

The first thing I'd say was wrong with it though, is the length. The song gets somewhat repetitive, especially if it doensn't have lyrics, and it stretched on for about 6 mins. I probably would've been better if you cut some of the song out in the middle somewhere.

I don't have too much to complain about your action sytnc, just that it was great at the beginning, and you used nice short clips. Later on, you started to lose that. You slacked off on the action syncing and the clips all got way longer. I normally try to do the opposite in a video: try to start with less editing/action and gradually build it up. This way, the viewer tends to not lose interest as fast.

3:11 - The falling of the building thing was cool. It matched the music really good.

You repeated a few of the fight scenes. The last scene you already used earlier in the video. A lot of the fighting scenes were drawn out a lot too. Try to do some more variation with the scenes.

Not bad overall, like I said. You handled the video pretty well, I'd say. Just work on that scene selection and the other stuff I talked about.

Good luck on your future editing! :)
ImageImage

KLin
Org Profile

Post by KLin » Fri Aug 09, 2002 4:57 pm

Yep, got it with no problems but I only leave opinions through the database rather than cluttering up the forum even more with a brief review post, but generally I thought it was okay.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”