Newbie video upload...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kimheb Electra
Org Profile

Newbie video upload...

Post by Kimheb Electra » Sun May 04, 2003 5:31 pm

Well, since my connection is loaded after putting up the links for my video I'm nervous about posting. ;-)

But since it's my first video and I'm a newbie - I just put a video up under the name One Last Armitage. (Http://66.92.128.9/One_Last_Armitage320.mpeg - 34meg or so in size.)

It's Armitage - Dual Matrix footage to Creed's - One Last Breath. I used Final Cut Pro 2 on my clamshell 466SE Firewire Graphite iBook. It took me about a week of nights to put together the video after I was inspired to make it. I started working on my second one when the Western Digital gave out in my firewire box. :-( I'm set back until I get a replacement 40gig.

I personally am pretty proud of my first video even though I know I made a lot of mistakes putting it together. I still would like opinions - as well as a source of reliable fast hosting for these things since my ADSL upload bites the big one. _Any_ suggestions would be helpful as I'm just starting out.

Mouse Robot Service

jonmartensen
Org Profile

Post by jonmartensen » Sun May 04, 2003 6:30 pm

There is actually local hosting here :) Go to the members main page and enter the information for you vid into the database by clicking Enter New Video. When you finish entering the information you can go back to the main page and click Upload Video.

Kimheb Electra
Org Profile

Local hosting...

Post by Kimheb Electra » Sun May 04, 2003 6:35 pm

Yeah but I'm not sure if the video is too violent or not. A fair amount of the action centers around bullets flying and I don't want to take the chance that the account will get deleted.

Mouse Robot Service

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”