Tainted Emotion

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
nekomata_ensetsu
Org Profile

Tainted Emotion

Post by nekomata_ensetsu » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:28 pm

The manga scans are bit... low quality. I own the manga but it's currently in storage so I had to use what was available online, when I eventually get them out of storage I will redo this with higher quality :)

Other than that, thank you for criticisms and hope this is enjoyed.
Image Image

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Tainted Emotion

Post by Kireblue » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:29 pm

For future manga vids, I think that you should erase the text in the scans and try to get the scenes to speak more for themselves (in the same way that the Anime in AMVs speak for themselves without the use of dialogue from the show). I also think that the movement in your scenes could have been more dynamic and have the elements in the frames move more independently of each other. Here is a vid that has examples of what I'm talking about .

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:38 pm

Kind of hard to follow from someone who is unfamiliar with the series but the editing seem pretty solid. When i tried to dabble in MMV's i ended up with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/8k3ql7jypu1fm ... v.mp4?dl=0 . I'll probably give mmv a proper shot at a different time. Good luck!

nekomata_ensetsu
Org Profile

Post by nekomata_ensetsu » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:26 pm

kireblue wrote:For future manga vids, I think that you should erase the text in the scans and try to get the scenes to speak more for themselves (in the same way that the Anime in AMVs speak for themselves without the use of dialogue from the show). I also think that the movement in your scenes could have been more dynamic and have the elements in the frames move more independently of each other. Here is a vid that has examples of what I'm talking about .

I genuinely thought about the text scans a lot and considered removing them to make everything more fluid. I have seen the MMV you presented, my favorite and inspiration is "Unchained" which is a Pandora Hearts MMV. Still, I felt really passionately about keeping the text because Seishirou and Subaru's relationship isn't one that is explained through visuals, it's all words and subtext (though honestly I wish I had used proper copies to get the real quotes used, since they are beautiful). Though the text doesn't go with the flow the way I wish it would in my music video, there are times when it's rushed and not perfect, especially considering it's almost a 6 minute song, there are no excuses for that. I should have simply found ways around certain parts.
So I agree and disagree simultaneously, but overall I really appreciate your input and agree. Thank you very much for taking me seriously enough to respond :)
Image Image

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”