Evangelion - When Your Time Draws Near

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
exkcal
Org Profile

Evangelion - When Your Time Draws Near

Post by exkcal » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:13 pm

I made this in a couple hours. I really enjoy the music from metal gear solid series so i decided to use it in this character profile. I hope you guys enjoy.

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: Evangelion - When Your Time Draws Near

Post by Kireblue » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:35 am

pretty nice character profile :up: Definitely more somber than what I usually expect from Evangenion :D

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:00 am

This is really, really good.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:48 am

seasons wrote:This is really, really good.
Means a lot seasons and Kireblue!

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:09 am

Would love any feedback as well.

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:59 pm

exkcal wrote:Would love any feedback as well.
I guess I just like how you know how to use lots of quiet moments throughout a video for dramatic effect, and that you can have a number of low-key scenes in your videos without leaving the viewer with the feeling that "nothing is happening" or anything like that.

The ending of this feels haunting in a really subtle way, I mean as subtle as you can get using scenes of horrific violence. Surely we're all desensitized to these scenes by now, or at least I am, but it still felt like a poignant ending that leaves you unsettled or at least less than sure about how to feel.

I liked the scenes with Misato, although up to that point the video was somewhat of an Asuka character profile so while they're beautiful to watch, I feel like they pull the video off course from what looked to be a very focused theme.

This was much shorter than your previous Eva video and feels much less epic as a result but that feels very intentional, and I thought the editing just felt more confident and relaxed overall. This is a really solid video and I hope it means that you'll be around here for a while because it demonstrates how much you're improving on the basics of your craft.

I say that like I'm an expert, I'm really not but even if I'm not a film director I can still appreciate a good movie or complain about a bad one.

exkcal
Org Profile

Post by exkcal » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:24 pm

seasons wrote:
I say that like I'm an expert, I'm really not but even if I'm not a film director I can still appreciate a good movie or complain about a bad one.
Thank you for the kind words. I plan to be here until I lose interest in amvs! I am currently working on a Your Lie in April amv which is a bit out of my comfort zone but hopefully it will work out. I look forward to your opinion on it. About the scenes with Misato, i included them because i felt like it might work well with the lyrics, but I do agree that it might stay the video from its focal point.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I actually really enjoyed this. Then again those scenes in MGS5 made me very sad and those emotions probably carried over. Great idea. Sweet combo. Well edited. Well done!
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”