Mysterious Universe

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Elcalavero
Org Profile

Mysterious Universe

Post by Elcalavero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:09 am

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Mysterious Universe

Post by Mol » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 am

This is quite a pleasant trip, maybe some more light cuts would be cool ,but feels nice :up: Tho probably that ending... wish it wasn't so harsh :<.
Still better than that MMO.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:33 pm

This was an unexpectedly weird video and I really liked it. I do wish there had been more sync, and more focus in general, but it was a pleasantly odd video that I'll be keeping and rewatching in the future when I'm in the mood for something different. Nice job :up:

MycathatesyouAMV
Based Dicknugget
Org Profile

Post by MycathatesyouAMV » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:32 pm

That was definitely an interesting approach and not what I'd normally expect out of a Dandy video. The mood and flow are nice, but I think the video drags a bit in the latter half. It would have been cool to see it build up to something even more trippy and crazy, but that may have required more than just this audio track. Still was a nice watch.
Discord: MycathatesyouAMV#5994

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:50 pm

This was cool. It felt somewhat arbitrarily pieced together but the clip selection and pacing made it work anyway. This is one of those videos that probably wouldn't have been improved by super-slick or fast-paced editing. Picking out a bunch of cool scenes that are visually interesting in a lot of different ways, maybe sometimes it's best to just give them space to play out like they do here and let the viewers decide what to make of it.

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:04 pm

I agree mostly with Mycathatesyou. Its a cathartic video, but I would have liked it to keep building to be even trippier/crazier.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”