Dn@_-F.Y.C

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Dn@
Org Profile

Dn@_-F.Y.C

Post by Dn@ » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 am

-

"This is what happens when i try to edit a romance video for JE..''

1st place Japan Expo Amv Contest 2015

Last edited by Dn@ on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: Dn@_-F.Y.C

Post by mirkosp » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:53 am

F.Y.C FOR EVERY CATEGORY @ VCA 2016.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:05 am

I hope this makes any sense with the lyrics because it sure as hell doesn't without. You did put some serious work into this and the FX IS interesting. But there is no concept, story or even purpose to this AMV. Nothing that holds it together. Just a collection of FX shots.

The sad part is seeing how much time you spend on this AMV it gets dull rather fast. There are people that spend a few days to create AMVs that i can watch over and over again. And then there are people who spend a few months or even years and i never want to see those videos twice. Of course there are exceptions. But this is one of the latter.

I wish you'd use FX to support a AMV concept. Not create a AMV solely to showoff FX.

Well maybe it's just the moonspeak lyrics...
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Video sux.

Git gud.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Everything about the concept is clear, if you don't get it, don't say it's a FX showoff, it's too easy to give that sort of criticism when u didn't actually get what the whole thing was about...

Scofield_NL
Org Profile

Post by Scofield_NL » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Great AMV, Great editor.

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 pm

A very fascinating site :book:

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:53 am

:ying: :ying: :ying:
ImageImage

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 am

Cenit wrote:I hope this makes any sense with the lyrics because it sure as hell doesn't without. You did put some serious work into this and the FX IS interesting. But there is no concept, story or even purpose to this AMV. Nothing that holds it together. Just a collection of FX shots.

The sad part is seeing how much time you spend on this AMV it gets dull rather fast. There are people that spend a few days to create AMVs that i can watch over and over again. And then there are people who spend a few months or even years and i never want to see those videos twice. Of course there are exceptions. But this is one of the latter.

I wish you'd use FX to support a AMV concept. Not create a AMV solely to showoff FX.

Well maybe it's just the moonspeak lyrics...
Did we watch the same video? I thought the storytelling was great, and I don't really think I imagined it...

Dn@ starts making a romance video, but he soon trolls Mako with the car accident. Mako's mad at him, but Dn@ would rather make a random action video. Mako points out that if he does make a mindless action video, he'd just get terrible feedback and thus forces Dn@ to make another attempt at a romance video.
This time it's a Dandy x Nisekoi video, it's coming out pretty well, Mako's hyped about it, but Dn@ trolls her once again with the homo kiss.
Now Mako's enraged and Dn@ tells her he isn't able to edit romance videos. Dn@ attempts an alternative route, but Mako doesn't want to collaborate after getting burned twice, so she tries to escape from the PC, at which point Dn@ has to chase after her, until he gets KOd. When he comes back to his senses, Mako has full control of his PC and Dn@ has to put her back in place, and sends her off among the discarded AMV projects, so he can finally edit a random action video like he wanted to. Meanwhile Mako tries to escape from the discarded projects hell and the video ends with Mako succesfully escaping while Dn@ just managed to finish his AMV like he wanted.

All hints and clues are there, you just need to read them and pay some more attention, but I thought it was very clear and brilliant. :up:

Dn@
Org Profile

Post by Dn@ » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:15 am

mirkosp wrote: Dn@ starts making a romance video, but he soon trolls Mako with the car accident. Mako's mad at him, but Dn@ would rather make a random action video. Mako points out that if he does make a mindless action video, he'd just get terrible feedback and thus forces Dn@ to make another attempt at a romance video.
This time it's a Dandy x Nisekoi video, it's coming out pretty well, Mako's hyped about it, but Dn@ trolls her once again with the homo kiss.
Now Mako's enraged and Dn@ tells her he isn't able to edit romance videos. Dn@ attempts an alternative route, but Mako doesn't want to collaborate after getting burned twice, so she tries to escape from the PC, at which point Dn@ has to chase after her, until he gets KOd. When he comes back to his senses, Mako has full control of his PC and Dn@ has to put her back in place, and sends her off among the discarded AMV projects, so he can finally edit a random action video like he wanted to. Meanwhile Mako tries to escape from the discarded projects hell and the video ends with Mako succesfully escaping while Dn@ just managed to finish his AMV like he wanted.
Yeah that's basicely everything about it such a great sum up :ying:
But yeah i can understand that it can look hard to catch sometimes, since it's rather fast paced.

Thanks for the feedback guys |:>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”