[Big Contest 2015] Okami - The Melody of my Life [60fps]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: [Big Contest 2015] Okami - The Melody of my Life [60fps]

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:46 pm

Left an in-depth QC with my thoughts....

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:27 pm

This was definitely edited nicely, and I like all the scenes that you choose to showcase their relationship. But even so, the sequence of events jump back and forth so much that the scenes start to feel like stock footage. Although you did a good job at focusing on the characters, it feels like you jut placed your scenes for the purpose of them looking good and syncing well, and not actually for the purpose of telling the story. And so I would have liked to see the video be just a little more coherent and easy to follow. I absolutely love "Your Lie In April", but I'm not sure how much someone would be able to pick up from it if they hadn't already seen the show.

Cenit
LinkinBall Z
Org Profile

Post by Cenit » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:17 pm

This shit is effin beautiful. Great Anime/Song combo. I really really loved Quiet and still think it should have won everything @VCA. This is a different yet equally beautiful followup. I liked your stuff for a while now but with this you're now one of my favorite editors. Keep it up, man! Keep reaching for the stars!
"Watch me. That's the real joke."

Dacastus
Org Profile

Post by Dacastus » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm

Amazing and beautiful work I really enjoyed the whole thing! Keep up the awesome work!

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:44 am

Absolutely love this vid. I can understand kireblue's opinion but I think the show itself is built on powerful imagery and expression (it speaks for itself) so mixing scenes up in this AMV to me worked better than trying to define a story.

Only real criticism is 2:04 - 2:06. That scene did not belong there because up until that point it seemed like you made a commitment not to focus on story telling but putting this scene there, even to me who has seen the series, makes me think it's there for plot reasons. Think that sort of relates to kireblue's point though I would rather it kept going with random scenes instead of trying to put more focus into the story late into the vid.

Look forward to your future vids and not just because we have similar music tastes :)

Soul
Org Profile

Post by Soul » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:33 pm

Beautiful as always, Okami *-*

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:39 am

This is a really well don video and I love how it shoots out to you with a lot of emotions. Great job and one of my faves from this contest :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”