The Stench of Revulsion - no local dl for 56 obvious reasons

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kai Stromler
Org Profile

The Stench of Revulsion - no local dl for 56 obvious reasons

Post by Kai Stromler » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:43 am

the site wrote:What you should NOT upload
This is the important part. Uploading things that are on this list may result in a ban.
- Excessive graphic violence. Examples include seeing innards, dismemberment and decapitation.
Yeah....if you're under 18 or easily disturbed by the things mentioned above, you should probably just close this thread and go elsewhere, let alone investigate the video further. I made a poster for this that was supposed to be spoilered here, but then took another look at it and realized that there is essentially nothing that can convey any reasonable expectation about this video and still be suitable for general-audiences posting.

As implied in the title, this video is not on local; there are 56 discrete animation cuts in it that each, on its own, would suffice to get it kicked off. This is not an attempt to replace or overtop the gore videos that have gone before. This is merely a look back at the day and age of machine grotesque, a time that is gone from us in terms of both music and animation. There are more words about this topic in the blogpost over here, and nearly as many more words here about the stuff I was listening to while putting it together that can serve as a pretty decent intro to this era of old-school death metal.

Also, there is this thing which, as noted, is not really an AMV per se and is more of a totally non-limited omake on this project.

--K
Shin Hatsubai is a Premiere-free studio. Insomni-Ack is habitually worthless.
CHOPWORK - abominations of maceration
skywide, armspread : forward, upward
Coelem - Tenebral Presence single now freely available

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: The Stench of Revulsion - no local dl for 56 obvious rea

Post by Mol » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:29 pm

A tad bit too flashy imo, would rather see sync with background sounds. Fairly interesting to see a lot of stuff i didn't watch : P. Wouldn't say it's re-viewable tho :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Mr. Fuzzyflippers
Lets Positive Thinking
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Fuzzyflippers » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:34 pm

First of all, I love your song choice. Not a lot of people use old school death metal in AMVs, which is understandable, but sad nonetheless.

The only complaint I really have is that some of the flashes hurt my eyes. Overall, really enjoyed the vibe of the video, really fits the horror/death metal feeling that you were going for. Good job :up:

seasons
Org Profile

Post by seasons » Sat May 02, 2015 12:28 pm

I definitely haven't seen an AMV quite like this before. And I don't think I'm alone.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sat May 02, 2015 3:09 pm

rookie errors all over the place:
1:10 - 1:12 left line down images.
1:16 + wrong aspect ratio's - proof of non-dvd video's as source.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sat May 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Yeah with seasons, that old school brutality is rare. The flashes kinda helped with the uncomfort that the scenes themselves were giving and although a bit much at first they were used pretty sparingly but being over 4 minutes, it was abrasive on the eyes, then again so were the scenes. But that's the point I guess so nice work.

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Sun May 10, 2015 1:50 am

SO MUCH FLASHING!!!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”