Scary Door and Frozen

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Venomi
Org Profile

Scary Door and Frozen

Post by Venomi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:45 pm

First. The scary door! :shock:

This was a real multipart video for me... It was going to go to a local con here but since a friend is boycotting it because of bullying, i see no point being part of contest making nor entering to a contest.

So here's a little walkthrough in anime history. Done in 6 parts. From 1967 to 2012

All the music, except scary door parts and start, are taken from the anime's years hit list.

Start
Speed Racer 1967
Back to the future sound clip
Love stage clip

Part1
Genshi Shonen Ryu 1971
Tom Jones - She's a lady

Part 2
Super Dimension Fortress Macross 1982
Chariots Of Fire, Vangelis

Part 3
Jin Roh 1998
Madonna - Frozen (I liked this so much i made a full AMV of it. Called Frozen)

Part 4
Witchblade 2006
Nickelback - Savin' Me

Part 5
Another 2012
Carrie Underwood - Good Girl

Scary door music:
Dr who theme.
The x-files theme.
Twilight zone theme.
Ghostbusters theme.

Then the Frozen one. 8-)

This started as a clip to the Scary Door AMV project but i liked it so much i did a full version of it.

There are slight banding in some scenes. No matter what i did with zarxraxgui, i could only fix them in the hi10bit format and i hear local here doesn't really support it so... sorry, they just have to be there due to technical limitations.
Eyecandy is not mindcandy. Real soul is hidden in the lyrics.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Re: Scary Door and Frozen

Post by UnluckyArtist » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Scary Door has a nice timeline idea going for it. The first half was most enjoyable. 2006 with Nickelback was kinda funny/painfull cause it reminds me of all those types of videos done back then. The 2012 one was .. i dunno.

Frozen felt like a good idea to make into a full amv and it had a nice atmosphere to it, it just felt slower than the actual song most of the time.

Venomi
Org Profile

Re: Scary Door and Frozen

Post by Venomi » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:33 am

UnluckyArtist wrote:Scary Door has a nice timeline idea going for it. The first half was most enjoyable. 2006 with Nickelback was kinda funny/painfull cause it reminds me of all those types of videos done back then. The 2012 one was .. i dunno.

Frozen felt like a good idea to make into a full amv and it had a nice atmosphere to it, it just felt slower than the actual song most of the time.
Well, you are right. Frozen would have benefit from a tighter scene changes and for the Scary Door, it was a pain in the ass to find a song and anime from same year that i like.

I'm a bit rusty after so many years of inactivity but let's see where we go from now. Next stop is in Tokyo. Again :)
Eyecandy is not mindcandy. Real soul is hidden in the lyrics.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”