Anime Ambivalence

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
8bitcritr
Org Profile

Anime Ambivalence

Post by 8bitcritr » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:55 am

Making this AMV has taught me many things. First, I learned how to spell "ambivalence". Then I learned that 720 videos do not come from PCs with 4 gigs of ram :? That was a lesson well learned... But now I'm finally done with it and I think it's just about exactly what I was aiming for. I hope you enjoy it. maybe shed a tear or two if your in the mood

I was hoping I could publish this last year so I coulsd maybe just maybe, possibly get most improved editor of the year? It is better than what i was doing a year ago. But oh well, there'll be awards in the future. And this AMV will be entertaining me every now and then until whenever that is so I'm happy :) :) :)
Image"To create something that appeals to the emotions of users, you need to make something that sways your own heart. You can't move others hearts unless you can move your own." - Kazuki Fujisawa

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Re: Anime Ambivalence

Post by The_McLaughlin » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 pm

It had some good mood sync in it, but overall I'm not entirely sure what concept you were going for with it. Maybe because I haven't four of those animes and 2 of them I haven't seen very much of. It's not to say I didn't like it, and also not to say there was nothing good about it, but I would just suggest to focus more on the concept for your next one a bit more once you have a good concept down then anything else you do with the video can be used to "compliment" the concept. Overall though not bad.

8bitcritr
Org Profile

Post by 8bitcritr » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:47 pm

The concept basically was to portray mixed emotions, and not really be set on any one mood. Hence the title. I don't blame you for not getting it, I had to google "ambivalence" before I even understood what I was trying to do. Since you're confused, that kinda shows that I got the job done :rofl:
It's not exactly the best concept apparently, since you didn't really get it, but at least I can hit what I'm aiming at, that's good enough for me :up:
I thought it was a pretty simple concept but if you think about it, by definition it's complex and awkward.

Either way, if you say you enjoyed it then fantastic. Thanks for watching.
Image"To create something that appeals to the emotions of users, you need to make something that sways your own heart. You can't move others hearts unless you can move your own." - Kazuki Fujisawa

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:42 pm

You need to get a few more gigs there buddy :shark:
It started off pretty shaky but around 2 minutes it all started blending together pretty well. Most of the effects could've been tightened, the brightness was really bright, some edges were too hard/soft etc. Overall a nice mixed source vid.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”