The Samuel (Sam) Stewart James AKA NME Tribute MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

The Samuel (Sam) Stewart James AKA NME Tribute MEP

Post by DaCoolGohan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:08 am

One year ago yesterday (11-19-2013) we lost a truly great person, Sam (AKA NME). We all wanted to send him off the best and most fitting way we know how, with a Multi-Editor Project.

Track 01: See No Evil - Ingo
Track 02: Now or Never - ReggieSmalls
Track 03: Dredd - NS
Track 04: An Unstoppable Team - macchinainterna
Track 05: SAIL - Samuel (Sam) Stewart James AKA NME
Track 06: Cycle - macchinainterna
Track 07: Get Alone - DaCoolGohan
Track 08: When I'm Gone - Silk_SK
Track 09: NAANANA - dreamawake

The file is about 881MB on the Direct Links so use the Indirect Link for YouTube if you want to stream it.
http://youtu.be/8ZGxg-cGLos
Last edited by DaCoolGohan on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Re: The Samuel (Sam) Stewart James AKA NME Tribute MEP

Post by ReggieSmalls » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:16 am

I'm glad this got remade, till this day I still miss Sam. I think about him every now and then, still kinda hard to believe it's been a year already. I learned a lot about myself getting to know Sam over the years. He really meant a lot to me, I still miss our long skype conversation.He will forever be one of my best friends. Gone but not forgotten Rest In Pimp Sam
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

ExSphere
Org Profile

Post by ExSphere » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:23 am

Watching this brought back many memories. All those late night skype calls and shit. What Brendan said really got to me about "Sam being the guy who tells you what you don't want to hear." He never told me something that made me feel good about myself, but he told it to me to become a better person. The last time I talked to Sam we got in an argument and I never got to make peace with him. It's the only thing that really keeps me up at night. I wish the best for his family. RIP Sam.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:39 am

It hasn't been the same since he passed. We miss you bunches, Sam.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:11 am

I just want to leave a bit of additional information here for the people that have nothing to do with Sam:

We sat down together and ended up producing less what is a MEP and more of a tribute movie with a duration of over 40 minutes.
It has lots of personal and artistic merit and is definately one of the video projects that I'm the most proud of for being a part in it.
All of the tracks are incredibly well edited and show some of our best works (for me personally my track is the best video I've ever made).

There should be no reason not to want to see what happens when such tragedy strikes in an AMV crew that is more like a family, and what the others end up doing artistically to cope. In my opinion this is something that every AMV editor should have an interest in.

We released it before but it had some major technical difficulties and some content has been added since then and now it's finally complete and ready to be watched.

Thanks to everyone that took part in it and to everyone that appreciates our work. I'm sure that Sam would be very pleased with it all.

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:34 pm

Correction, the Dredd track was done by NS (Blain), will have updated titles tonight.

NS
I like pants
Org Profile

Post by NS » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:24 pm

It's in sync! I'm really proud of my piece, Like Ingow, and I think it's something that Sam would have really enjoyed himself. I also got a chance to say some words that brendan will be adding, so I'm glad for that too.

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:15 am

Hey I've updated the YouTube link and the Direct Link to Google Drive. Now there is the correct credit for NS and an added Audio message. I also moved Chuck's text message to be after his last track.

macchinainterna
Org Profile

Post by macchinainterna » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:47 pm

NS wrote:It's ★NSYNC!
Fixed :ying:

But seriously, I'm glad we all got together to do this for Sam. It shows how much he meant to all of us who knew him well.

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm

It cannot be overstated how much Sam contributed to DZ's character as a whole. Each an every one of us has been greatly influenced by him, not just in editing, but in our perspectives on life in general. By and large, the best and most interesting and memorable experiences I've had as a part of DZ, whether editing, or gaming, or just plain talking, involved Sam. This MEP is the best way for us to express how his passing has affected us all. Farewell Sam.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”