Sonic X - Someday

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Elixir
Free Text
Org Profile

Sonic X - Someday

Post by Elixir » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 am

I've never really submitted anything to AMV sites (aside from AMVNews and r/amv on Reddit a few amount of times), but I decided to post this here.
I'm not really sure how many genuinely like Sonic X (anime series of the Sonic franchise), so...yeah, I don't really do either except as a kid.
Anyway, enough of my rambling:
- - -
Editor: ElixirAMV
Video Title: Someday
Source: Sonic X
Music: Disciple - Someday
YouTube Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMs82TIVdM
- - -

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Re: Sonic X - Someday

Post by Hagaren Viper » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

I'm actually pretty shocked to see a nice quality, well edited Sonic X video. Every time someone edits a kids anime an angel gets it's wings :up:

Editing wise I really liked this. There were some nice transitions, the scenes were synced nicely and you made pretty good use of the show's kinda limited animation. You definitely made a more effective, serious Sonic X video than I would have expected! But personally I think the video lacks something to really tie it together. In the beginning I thought it would maybe be a romance video or a tribute to the girls since there was a lot of focus on Amy, the pilot girl and Rouge, but they more or less disappeared from the rest of the amv. After that was somewhat random with characters popping up without any buildup in the middle of the video and then maybe showing up once more later. Like I said, I liked the scenes and found them fitting to the music but they needed more of a theme to really pull things together, maybe that would mean not giving focus to as many characters? To someone familiar with the series like myself I think it would work just fine, but I can see newcomers being pretty lost.

That aside, I enjoyed this a lot and will definitely be watching again! I really appreciate seeing a good video with an underused source like this and hope you keep it up.

Elixir
Free Text
Org Profile

Re: Sonic X - Someday

Post by Elixir » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:58 am

Hagaren Viper wrote:I'm actually pretty shocked to see a nice quality, well edited Sonic X video. Every time someone edits a kids anime an angel gets it's wings :up:

Editing wise I really liked this. There were some nice transitions, the scenes were synced nicely and you made pretty good use of the show's kinda limited animation. You definitely made a more effective, serious Sonic X video than I would have expected! But personally I think the video lacks something to really tie it together. In the beginning I thought it would maybe be a romance video or a tribute to the girls since there was a lot of focus on Amy, the pilot girl and Rouge, but they more or less disappeared from the rest of the amv. After that was somewhat random with characters popping up without any buildup in the middle of the video and then maybe showing up once more later. Like I said, I liked the scenes and found them fitting to the music but they needed more of a theme to really pull things together, maybe that would mean not giving focus to as many characters? To someone familiar with the series like myself I think it would work just fine, but I can see newcomers being pretty lost.

That aside, I enjoyed this a lot and will definitely be watching again! I really appreciate seeing a good video with an underused source like this and hope you keep it up.
Thanks, man. I'll be honest, you are right about everything you had said here. I was a bit self-aware of the fact I had given the female characters more of the light in the beginning, but I hadn't thought of it much as a big deal.
I actually agree with the whole review of this. I knew the video won't be 100% perfect, but I partially blame myself for it. I guess that's what happens when I get ahead of myself and not giving myself enough time to have second thoughts while editing parts of the video.
Again, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”