Fighting For Your Love Remastered & Battlefield Set Pro AMV

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Fighting For Your Love Remastered & Battlefield Set Pro AMV

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Hey guys. So after re-looking at my AMV's I'm finally ready to upload them now to the org. I really enjoyed working on these AMV's, as they used some older series. I haven't seen a Zoids video in forever, and Fighting For Your Love I've always wanted to remake when I got better with lipsyncing, it's also the videos 10th anniversary this year.

Fighting For Your Love was done for Anime Mid Atlantic's AMV Contest back in June and edited in 4 long days. However since then I have gone back cleaned up the footage more and re-edited parts. I have to say this was a lot of fun revisiting this AMV, and I'm glad I did go back and do it again.

Then my next AMV is my AWA Pro video which is Battlefield Set - Ready - Fight! This video was to see if I could just do an AMV with straight cuts and no transitions, in an action AMV. I did that for the most part. The only time I used transitions is when the song slowed down during the verses. It was a challenge to keep the action going at a high pace. I had a fun time creating this one too. And again it's Zoids one of my favorite animes from the past. So I figured why not.

I've learned a lot about scripts and how to clean up old footage. This has been a fun process and I'm looking forward to my next amv. Any feedback I can get from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and enjoy

No matter what, stay calm, stay cool and live life to the fullest.
Plus as Gene would say always go big in life.
Anime Mid Atlantic AMV Contest Coordinator 2007-2011
Katsucon AMV Contest Coordinator 2010-2011
T-Mode Contest Coordinator 2013
Nekocon AMV Contest Coordinator 2014

*inverse*
Org Profile

Re: Fighting For Your Love Remastered & Battlefield Set Pro

Post by *inverse* » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:09 pm

The Slayers video got me all nostalgic! I used to love that band when I was a teen ;p

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Yeah it is a blast from the past. I really wanted to do better on the lipsync and better visual quality for it compared to the 2004 version. I'm hoping it has some magic left in it.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:27 am

ZOIDS!!!!! Man Zoids was my favorite show when I was a kid. That's awesome. I liked the amv... I think the only thing that kind of bugged me a bit was all the cuts back to the pilots. Don't get me wrong some of them I thought worked really well, but then the ones that didn't just kind of made it feel overused. Anyway. I liked it, it brought back fond childhood memories of Zoids.

UnluckyArtist
Partially-Formed Transformah
Org Profile

Post by UnluckyArtist » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:15 pm

That was the first Zoids MV I've ever seen, I loved that show!
The other one was amusing, never seen Slayers but it all fit well and the lip sync made it funny; They both look good for their age too, nice cleaning. :B

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks for your guys comments on the AMV's so far.

@animefreak00007 - I'm glad it brought back childhood memories. The last Zoids AMV made here on animemusicvideos.org was 2008, so this is the first one to be posted on this site since then.

@UnluckyArtist - As I was telling animefreak you don't see it used to often these days for Zoids. I love the series and I plan on using even a rarer version of this anime sometime next year for a project. Cost a lot of money to get it, but it'll be worth it.

The Slayers AMV was a fun remake, I just thought it fit their personalities with that version of the song. Had to use a lot of different script lines to clean up the footage for both series, but it was worth it.

If any of you would like to leave more feedback on the video / review. I'm doing an op exchange and would be more than glad to swap opinions with anybody and we can talk about the videos in more detail. I always find that the fun part about AMV's. Looking at other peoples AMV, find stuff we really enjoy, or even helping each other out to improve our videos.

The link to my thread is here:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/forum/v ... 6&t=121790

Gene Starwind 21122

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Gene Starwind 21122 wrote: I plan on using even a rarer version of this anime sometime next year for a project. Cost a lot of money to get it, but it'll be worth it.
Gene Starwind 21122
:shock: :D This even rarer version wouldn't possibly have anything to with Zoids Chaotic Century would it... the zoids that in my personal opinion is the best zoids season out there. Because if it does... I need to keep watch for it! I would love to see that. :D

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:40 am

Yeah...it is. Have a few ideas for the series. Cost more than I wanted to pay for it, but I own it on DVD now and it is extremely hard to find.

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:42 am

Yeah i looked into getting it too back in February... but they were just too much. It's on the list of anime i would love to own but can't afford, but one day, ond day I'll hopefully have job where i can splurge every now and then on those dvds and not completely screw myself over on paying bills and such each month. Good luck on the next amv though. I shall look forward to it.

Gene Starwind 21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by Gene Starwind 21122 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 am

Thanks. Just keep an eye out for it. I should have the video out some time next year. Have a few other ideas I'm working on right now. Plus I'll be learning a new program starting next month for editing.

Keep the comments coming you guys. I appreciate any feedback I get and thank you to all for the support I've been getting for my new AMV's. It means a lot after such a long break.

Gene

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”