Vanilla Rainbows & Comin Where I'm From (AWA Pro)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Vanilla Rainbows & Comin Where I'm From (AWA Pro)

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:06 pm

Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Re: Vanilla Rainbows & Comin Where I'm From (AWA Pro)

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Been waiting for you to post this all day :P

Not too crazy about Vanilla Rainbows, but I do really like Comin Where I'm From. Of all the Pro entries this one really stood out for the storytelling aspect, which is just phenomenal. It's also pretty cool just how well the music fits with the anime, I don't know that you could have found a better match. I like the simple editing and the use of stills throughout. It's a really solid entry and I'm glad you're the one who made it :up:

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Damn this is good! Not like these shallow amvs that're wannabe deep but can't convey it because they use childrens shows :D

Solid. Just Solid.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:57 pm

Shui wrote:Damn this is good! Not like these shallow amvs that're wannabe deep but can't convey it because they use childrens shows :D
x2 Though some can pull off "deep." Having the anime chops to back up the concept never hurts, though. If someone asked me for a recommendation of AMVs that communicates the Rainbow vibe, this is the one I'm going to point them to. 4/5

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:20 pm

Thanks yall I appreciate it
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Enigmo
Org Profile

Post by Enigmo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Shui wrote:because they use childrens shows :D
nigga you're watching (and editing) chinese cartoons either way... no need to act like you've got more class
Image Image

DSK3
Org Profile

Post by DSK3 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:38 am

The second one (Comin Where I'm From), got a consistent edit and a real lyrical deepness into it, real feelings, I liked it a lot. Congratz

The first one I just didn't dig into it, but u got dat, and know it =]

Kawabanga :pizza:
well... I don't care

Mr Pilkington
Location: Well, hey, you, you should stop being over there and be over here!
Org Profile

Post by Mr Pilkington » Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:56 pm

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”