Overused Cuteness Overload (Free Zone 2014 - Resonance)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Centurione
Org Profile

Overused Cuteness Overload (Free Zone 2014 - Resonance)

Post by Centurione » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Uhm... yay?

Don't expect too much, there's a lot of cute stuff there so if you don't feel like lovey dovey awww : 3 you'd better not watch it, sudden cuteness overload can be dangerous.

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Re: Overused Cuteness Overload (Free Zone 2014 - Resonance)

Post by Bollocks » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:56 pm

See, this is why you're my favourite editor. A video that isn't so special for you is still my favourite video from this year so far :up:

*edit after I came back to this thread and realised I should probably at least write something constructive*

So, there's always one reason why I've particularly enjoyed your videos, and that's your aesthetic sense. The videos you make have always been incredibly pretty, and (perhaps more importantly), each aesthetically unique, and this video is no different. If I'm honest, my interest in AMVs has been dwindling in the last few months (hence why I haven't been very active here), and as a result of that all I really want to see are AMVs that make me either go "wow, that's super fucking cool" or "that's really pretty" and as I've come to expect from you, this video fits the latter of those two categories. Yes, the entire concept of the video might be ridiculously overdone at this point, but to me that doesn't matter, because I can enjoy this just on the level of "holy shit, this is freaking purdy". Also, like I said, I really like how each of your videos utilities a completely different aesthetic (my favourite was Cockaine, with all the drug images <3), and while the one in this video may be overblown, it was easily the best I've ever seen it done. As always, really awesome work!

There we go, now I at least feel like I've said something semi-useful...
Last edited by Bollocks on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

EllipseIris
Org Profile

Post by EllipseIris » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:23 pm

Hello!
I was very much nervous (because of free zone) and excitid (because it's you) to see this video. This is obviously not a Pandora amv, but since you warned in the description, and saw the song choice, I didn't expect a complete akross winner video here, and it was useful. What i saw here was an overused song with overused scenes and conceptless video from a stylish and professional amv editor, and i think it is always interesting to see something like this. "How does my favourite editor edit when she also wants to somewhat enjoy editing at that time?" Something lke this.
I think you did the best use of your resources. Even tho I love this song and one of the most terrific romantic songs i have ever heard, I don't like that you used it, because nothing else fits it than an "overused cuteness overload" confluence, so I guess you did a good job on that.
What was enjoyable about the video was some of your editing techniques and design sense. The first drop was breathtaking, there are songs that you need to edit from the beginning till the end so that the dynamic parts can hit, but i think if you made the slow part after the drop a bit slower, the 2nd drop would have give familier feel to it, but the slow part seemed to be too dynamic for me. Other than this i don't think i could give any other late suggestion to this work. I think this video is like a Nostromo amv just with different genre. People who like romance and nice things can enjoy this for sure... like me. Made me miss my boyfriend so much, all the feels, touches, kisses... you know. :roll:

Naisu! :aimkissyface:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:47 pm

... Can I hug both of you?

EllipseIris - SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS ME, THANK YOU <3 (CapsLock aka all dem feels)

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Post by lolligerjoj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 pm

You already know all about it, but I do adore your video. The overall pleasing aesthetics really stress the work you put into building the emotionally intense and uplifting atmosphere. Such an idea worked well in the past, and it does for this one, making it a favorite to watch regularly.

Yeah that expectations game is nothing to be jealous about... There certainly seem to be some disadvantages to popular recognition.
Last edited by lolligerjoj on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Image Image

Kimberly
Org Profile

Post by Kimberly » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:21 pm

I really see no point in people comparing your vids. I could go on and elaborate more, but...that's too much work. I'm sure you get what I mean regardless.

Anyway! Great stuff, Ewa =) Although toward the end, I felt there were too many diff anime being stuffed in. For example, I spotted a random Free! clip, and it fit, but I think if you used an anime that was already previously used, it would've been just as nice. Either way, loved it.
P.S., those Shana scenes <3

edit: also, i reallly love this song, so i was super excited when i saw that: 1. you had a new vid 2. this song was used. also typically, when this song is used in AMVs, they only edit from the beginning to the climax. props to you for using the whole song, hun. <3
ImageImage

Shui
Shuitcake
Org Profile

Post by Shui » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:50 am

Gonna check it out this evening :D looks really promising.

<3 there are not many AMVs like that which I truly enjoy. But you knew exactly what you were doing and had the perfect pacing (the thing most OPWhore amvs fuck up).
Thanks, this is a keeper for my Atmospheric Folder :up:
Last edited by Shui on Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler :
fucking stealing other poeples hard work and claiming it as your own, you guys should be ashemed

ppl fukin fuk spent years making those animes, blood sweat and spilt coffe stains drawing all day long just to get a title "animator: this GUY" and then those music ppl spend years learning to produce music, teams of so many hard working ppl just trying to get their stuff out there in the world then WHAT TEH FUK DO U GUYS DO? u fukin take the drawings, u fukin take the music, then u just slap it fukin together like its fukin nothing, then u make banners and og take credit for it fukin all like u fukin made shit goin amv contests actin liek ur teh fukin shit fukin sayin i amde this fukin liek if u fukin did fukin makin fukin the fukin fukin fukin fukin - MiyaDV (2014)

neko lover
Org Profile

Post by neko lover » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:51 pm

10\10 for making what u want, when u understand, that it will be much less rated. Well, dunno about «much», cuz I havent seen good random romance amvs like this for ages.
Glad that u got rid of frequent fade-to-100%-black transitions, cuz they hurt. To balance all the sugar words — editing still can be better.

>confession didnt work out
Whyy? Bad for him (her? :oops: ). Hope all will be great, cuz u deserve it.

Diegao
Enjoy the music
Org Profile

Post by Diegao » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:08 am

I didn't expect another Pandora, I just expected a good video, don't worry :bear:
So I'm not disappointed, it was a fine watch even if it was generic and with something to fix in the editing. Good luck in the contest!
Rising Production: Site - Forum - Facebook - Twitter

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:45 am

Pretty vid , and it had alot stuff i enjoyed, nice colors . But when song changed i had hard time connecting with whatever was going on , oh well might be because of music or me not knowing half of the series you used. Good luck :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”