Overused Cuteness Overload (Free Zone 2014 - Resonance)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Re: Overused Cuteness Overload (Free Zone 2014 - Resonance)

Post by Changelling » Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:55 am

is it bad if I loved this more than Pandora (which some good folks keep comparing it to) ?
I mean of course I love both but this 1 is very cheerful and the editing is just so beautiful. Truly a well done piece. Good job!

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:35 pm

lolligerjoj wrote:You already know all about it, but I do adore your video. The overall pleasing aesthetics really stress the work you put into building the emotionally intense and uplifting atmosphere. Such an idea worked well in the past, and it does for this one, making it a favorite to watch regularly.

Yeah that expectations game is nothing to be jealous about... There certainly seem to be some disadvantages to popular recognition.
Thank you for cheering me up and helping a bit with the vid ;) And I'm super extra glad you liked it!
Kimberly wrote:I really see no point in people comparing your vids. I could go on and elaborate more, but...that's too much work. I'm sure you get what I mean regardless.

Anyway! Great stuff, Ewa =) Although toward the end, I felt there were too many diff anime being stuffed in. For example, I spotted a random Free! clip, and it fit, but I think if you used an anime that was already previously used, it would've been just as nice. Either way, loved it.
P.S., those Shana scenes <3

edit: also, i reallly love this song, so i was super excited when i saw that: 1. you had a new vid 2. this song was used. also typically, when this song is used in AMVs, they only edit from the beginning to the climax. props to you for using the whole song, hun. <3
I actually also thought the song feels wrong when it's cut so I challanged myself to edit the whole of it. And, what can I say, I'm glad we're married (or we divorced? don't remember o.o ) <3 And yea, some of the anime titles may seem out of place here but it's not like I really looked at what the show is actually about... xD
Shui wrote:Gonna check it out this evening :D looks really promising.

<3 there are not many AMVs like that which I truly enjoy. But you knew exactly what you were doing and had the perfect pacing (the thing most OPWhore amvs fuck up).
Thanks, this is a keeper for my Atmospheric Folder :up:
My goal was to make it enjoyable while being really unoriginal so I'm glad you enjoyed it! And thanks for the comment ;)
OPwhoring ftw
neko lover wrote:10\10 for making what u want, when u understand, that it will be much less rated. Well, dunno about «much», cuz I havent seen good random romance amvs like this for ages.
Glad that u got rid of frequent fade-to-100%-black transitions, cuz they hurt. To balance all the sugar words — editing still can be better.

>confession didnt work out
Whyy? Bad for him (her? :oops: ). Hope all will be great, cuz u deserve it.
Editing can also be better but hugz and kissez for the first sentence! And yea, I didn't confess, the guy turned out to be quite of a ()*&@(% but it's not like I care for it anymore xD
Diegao wrote:I didn't expect another Pandora, I just expected a good video, don't worry :bear:
So I'm not disappointed, it was a fine watch even if it was generic and with something to fix in the editing. Good luck in the contest!
Thank youuu! And I'm glad you didn't have too high expectations ;)
995Gabber wrote:is it bad if I loved this more than Pandora (which some good folks keep comparing it to) ?
I mean of course I love both but this 1 is very cheerful and the editing is just so beautiful. Truly a well done piece. Good job!
It's not bad at all, right ;) This comment really made me feel like 'awwwww' so thank you <3

Btw, anyone knows why there's no preview for the vid?

Funny facts #1 - So far this is my 2nd lowest rated video EVER on the Org in the star rating, yaaaaay xDD

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:21 pm

awesome job ^^

The_McLaughlin
Org Profile

Post by The_McLaughlin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:11 am

I really liked the way this one flowed...I wish the flow in my amv's were this good... I should work on the flow of my videos more myself. Anyway good job on it I enjoyed this one and thought it was very well edited.

irriadin
BUBBLES!
Org Profile

Post by irriadin » Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Very good video, I liked the high intensity part a lot! It felt a little too long, but overall it was quite lovely work. :up:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 am

Replay Studios wrote:awesome job ^^
Glad you liked it ;)
animefreak00007 wrote:I really liked the way this one flowed...I wish the flow in my amv's were this good... I should work on the flow of my videos more myself. Anyway good job on it I enjoyed this one and thought it was very well edited.
Since I knew the video wouldn't do any good with the conept side (like, there's no concept, maybe just a little bit of form made by the KnK ending scenes at the beginning, middle part and the end) I tried to make the editing good but not overdone with everything flowing nicely and being just generally pleasing and relaxing to watch. Glad I managed to do that in a way or another ;) Thanks!
irriadin wrote:Very good video, I liked the high intensity part a lot! It felt a little too long, but overall it was quite lovely work. :up:
I actually wanted to cut the song really badly but however I made it it was losing some of its charm or the parts I thought were nice to edit so I decided to leave it like this. I'm really glad you liked it, thank you :ying:

Elixir
Free Text
Org Profile

Post by Elixir » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:09 pm

I love Romance videos and all of that good, cute stuff, and of course I got something else to add to my collection here.
I really love it. A whole lot. As others have probably said, it doesn't really matter if this was Pandora/Petal 2.0, so long as you had fun making this, and then everyone else has fun watching it, everyone's a winner!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”