Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Re: Ignis Fatuus (11th @ Japan Expo)

Post by Mol » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:28 am

I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:
Still better than that MMO.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:43 am

M'o'l wrote:I enjoyed this quite a lot, also pretty happy to see it uploaded here. Wish you uploaded some more stuff :dino: , also didnt you mess up year in date? :uhoh:
Thank you so much!!! =7=

and.. woww i did mess up the date thank you for telling me ;; this isn't even the first time I messed that up - one time I somehow had my computer date a week ahead and when I uploaded amv with the wrong date in the credits everyone thought I was a time traveler |:>
Image ImageImage

Cirera
Org Profile

Post by Cirera » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am

This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:55 am

One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 pm

Cirera wrote:This was beautifully edited. The flow, the sync, the timing. It's simply perfect to me. I love the text, I love how I can just sink into the video without knowing anything about the anime. I must have watched this around 10 times now. I watched it when you first posted it and I keep coming back to it. And finally I found the courage to actually comment on it. You capture the attention right from the start to the very end, your effects, the colours, the ... everything about it just keeps me watching. It's beautiful. It's breathtaking.

I admire your editing a lot. You're one of the Gods on the editing sky for me. And I just wish I could hug you. And this turned into a short essay about your skills. >.<; sorry. Anyway. I loved it. Good job.
weeh thank you sososo much cutie pie!!! ;;///
CrackTheSky wrote:One thing I appreciate about your editing style is that, as you've said in other places, you edit "for anime fans" rather than for other editors. I like that you care about the sources you use. It shows in your videos.

This is no exception, but that's also why (and this has been true of past videos of yours) I couldn't really get into this one. It's a Hunter X Hunter video for Hunter X Hunter fans, and I've never seen Hunter X Hunter, so it definitely felt like I was on the outside looking in at this one. It was solidly edited, it looked good, there was nothing technically wrong with the video, I just didn't find it all that engaging. The one thing I definitely didn't like was the typeface you chose for the text...but that's a pretty minor and subjective thing.

Still though, keep doing what you're doing :amv:
Thats ok man :up: thanks for checking it out anyway~!
Image ImageImage

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:57 pm

This AMV is a mamey *O*

I really liked the music selection is one of the best songs I've heard this year :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Kinetics
Org Profile

Post by Kinetics » Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:27 pm

Oh wow. Finally a Hunter x Hunter amv that shows the ant saga...and I can't describe how brilliant it was in all aspects. Thank you for sharing this vid, enjoyed every second.

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:09 am

Megamom wrote:This AMV is a mamey *O*

I really liked the music selection is one of the best songs I've heard this year :up:
Thank you!!! I really love this song too *v*
Kinetics wrote:Oh wow. Finally a Hunter x Hunter amv that shows the ant saga...and I can't describe how brilliant it was in all aspects. Thank you for sharing this vid, enjoyed every second.
Thank you so much!!! <3
Image ImageImage

Rice
is a terrible mother
Org Profile

Post by Rice » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 pm

ay cool vid, its been awhile btw, i met you at AnimeNorth
Hope your shoes are cleaned up :P

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile