[Æon] Demonic Dreams [JE2014] 4th place

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

[Æon] Demonic Dreams [JE2014] 4th place

Post by [madaraxD] » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:20 pm

4th place at Japan Expo awww yeeaaaaaa. So this is my video for JE2014. I started it months ago (first 30 seconds) but I didnt liked too much how it was going so I dropped it. Then JE was close and I really wanted to send something this year (cuz I didnt sent anything last year, lazy..xD) so I continued it again one week before the deadline and this was the result. Hope you like it guys! :beer:

Also thank you so much for all the people who helped me with the betas and stuff!
Finally I can be lazy again! oh wait..I joined The Quickening fml
:dino:

Megamom
Org Profile

Re: [Æon] Demonic Dreams [JE2014] 4th place

Post by Megamom » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

I liked the AMV, I feel it is a good piece of collection, plus the musical selection I liked it, overall the editing is good, correcion color too, the atmosphere is deep, dark is like being inside a abandoned church, listening to the wind flowing and makes you believe that nothing is what it seems.

Combining characters is an art very over-exploited, that detracts originality to the work, is a valuable alternative if complemented with a good idea, in this sense the AMV is poor, also felt that certain scenes did not connect, there was one Connection between scenes and it was as if you were wasting footage in general is an outstanding work, one manages to feel something while looking at, but if you look more attentively you may notice errors 4/5

Congratulations for fourth :D
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:16 pm

Credits suck lol
Otherwise, pretty nice, though it looks unfinished by moment.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:05 pm

I love the atmosphere, tis very nice.

Besides, it's Infected Mushroom :ying:

Anicsi
Org Profile

Post by Anicsi » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:00 pm

Another - always epic for Horror stuff ;D This was really awesome! Great job, loved the flow and transitions. Story got a tiny bit lost in between all the imagery, though. MimS has a point, the typography of the credits could've complimented the video better. Even so, outstanding work, i wished I had your skills with AE and effects ;)

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:49 pm

i really enjoyed this one. the mood of this source combination was really cool; i wouldn't have expected to see a haruhi/another crossover but it does work nicely. there were a few comps i wasn't feeling but for the most part i think the visuals are great. good flow and dynamics. i also agree that the credits could have been implemented better but that doesn't detract anything from the video. overall awesome job and congrats on the placement :up:

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:31 pm

congrats on 4th place ^^

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:52 am

One of my fav amv of JE , I personally liked it, great atmosphere and it's a cool idea for a crossover
:up:

[madaraxD]
L1king Lolis
Org Profile

Post by [madaraxD] » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you all for the comments! |:>

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”