[AuN Studios] Beyond the Boundary - Say Something

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kimberly
Org Profile

Re: [AuN Studios] Beyond the Boundary - Say Something

Post by Kimberly » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:08 am

SacredArrow18 wrote:but isn't the whole point of making a music video is on what you like it to be not what everyone else likes it to be? I get that everyone has their opinions, but to have someone change something based on one's opinion of what they don't like about it just seems to insult the editor that created it. I like the way it is and am not going to change it based on one or two opinions. I can see why I probably stopped making music videos in the first place.
I never said that you "have" to change your video and I'm not asking you to either. I replied with what I thought about your video, and that's just what it was, my thoughts. By posting your video here, you should already be expecting such comments. Isn't that what this section of the forum is for, anyway? And sorry, I'm not going to watch the anime just so I can understand your AMV. In my opinion, the difference between a good AMV and a better AMV is that it doesn't need the viewers to have seen the source(s) to understand the video, if it needs to be understood.
ImageImage

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:48 am

SacredArrow18 wrote:I can see why I probably stopped making music videos in the first place.
....because two people shared their opinion on a forum meant for sharing their opinions? Again, you can just say, "Thanks, but I disagree." and move on.
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

slimed
Org Profile

Post by slimed » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:16 am

SacredArrow18 wrote:I can see why I probably stopped making music videos in the first place.
if you make videos for yourself, a few comments of constructive critique wouldn't be enough to make you "stop". posting a thread in the video announcements is a green light for criticism. there's no need to blame or expect more out of viewers, or make excuses. accept critique and keep it in mind when editing your next video, or don't, who cares?

i liked this video. was wondering when someone was going to get around to using this song. the editing itself was simple and straightforward which i enjoyed a lot, videos edited like this are too rare lately. i thought the scene selection was nice and fitting (i've watched the anime), maybe certain scenes were dragged out a tad too long but that didn't bother me with this audio source - i can understand how certain scenes could confuse a viewer, and when editing i think it's best to assume any viewer hasn't watched the anime. the credits were excessive imo. overall this is a pretty cool video and i enjoyed it, nice job :up:

edit: just realized i repeated what was said above :dino:

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:37 pm

slimed wrote:
if you make videos for yourself, a few comments of constructive critique wouldn't be enough to make you "stop". posting a thread in the video announcements is a green light for criticism. there's no need to blame or expect more out of viewers, or make excuses. accept critique and keep it in mind when editing your next video, or don't, who cares?
Well actually i did stop making music videos around the year 2007, because of the whole issue with when ayumix 2 was released. Did participate in an mep along with other studio members of AuN Studios in 2009. but other than that I stopped making music videos during those times til 2012 I made one music video, think there was only 1 in 2012. I created about 3 in 2013. And this website isnt the same as it was back then either, I get that, but geez.
slimed wrote:i liked this video. was wondering when someone was going to get around to using this song. the editing itself was simple and straightforward which i enjoyed a lot, videos edited like this are too rare lately. i thought the scene selection was nice and fitting (i've watched the anime), maybe certain scenes were dragged out a tad too long but that didn't bother me with this audio source - i can understand how certain scenes could confuse a viewer, and when editing i think it's best to assume any viewer hasn't watched the anime. the credits were excessive imo. overall this is a pretty cool video and i enjoyed it, nice job :up:

edit: just realized i repeated what was said above :dino:

I just liked this song and kept playing it over and over and thought i would make a music video with this song using this anime, cause I liked the anime and wanted to make a music video with it. I just created what I thought would make a good music video. but like I said in a before post, can't please everyone.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:49 pm

SacredArrow18 wrote:How could there be more character development when there isn't much scenes to go by? I can see if it was a 24-26 episode series, but it wasn't.
You basically just implied this series (and all other 13 episode anime) have very little character development...not enough for an amv? This is nonsense, sorry.

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:01 pm

AceD wrote:
SacredArrow18 wrote:How could there be more character development when there isn't much scenes to go by? I can see if it was a 24-26 episode series, but it wasn't.
You basically just implied this series (and all other 13 episode anime) have very little character development...not enough for an amv? This is nonsense, sorry.
omg......No I did not imply that all 13 episodes series have very little character development, I meant to say there is not much "SCENES" to go by that I thought would go with the lyrics of the song, is more what I was trying to say. GEEZ. I never said anything about there is little character development, although the anime could of had more of a story in my opinion.

AceD
I AM THE BEST
Org Profile

Post by AceD » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:29 pm

Saying there isn't enough scenes to show character development...is saying the anime lacks character development. Unless it all takes place off screen, which it does not in this anime.
Saying 24-26 episodes would be enough scenes afterwards, would imply a 13 episode series lack scenes to make an AMV showing development.

...Yeah, you did imply that. Maybe I'm just a backwards Englishman that reads into things wrong. If you feel there wasn't enough scenes to go with the lyrics then fine, that's completely different.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:45 pm

Shrug i liked it , tbh i didnt even mind long credits since they have nice song. Its simple, and matches lyrics quite nicely which made some mood. For me at least. But yeah i can see how it might be received in diffrent ways ,and how it could maybe could use a tad of diffrent sync. Anyway , its quite nice for me. :bear:
Still better than that MMO.

DSK3
Org Profile

Post by DSK3 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:59 pm

oooh... the old good winds from org are back =] haha
Sweet feelings on it... very well selected scenes, smooth and neat transitions, flowed very welll to me, simple but, seems very sincere from you.
I don't know the real story of the anime, but...who cares? For me is just a superpower couple protecting each other w/ a nice piano behind... and this is sweet!

And remember honey, you're never old enough to express your feelings x)
Dat's it.. candy for you!
well... I don't care

SacredArrow18
Org Profile

Post by SacredArrow18 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:56 am

Milk Or Life! wrote:Shrug i liked it , tbh i didnt even mind long credits since they have nice song. Its simple, and matches lyrics quite nicely which made some mood. For me at least. But yeah i can see how it might be received in diffrent ways ,and how it could maybe could use a tad of diffrent sync. Anyway , its quite nice for me. :bear:
Thanks. Yeah I guess alot of people can see it in different ways, but I wanted to sync it more than another video i seen with this song. Can't make it the same someone else's you know what I mean. And some of the scenes i noticed looks like lip syncing, but I didn't intentionally do that it just came out that way, but I love the part with the lyrics "and I am saying goodbye" it looks like the girl is saying it. just love it. at least I think the scenes went with the lyrics.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”