[DZ] FOUL (Thesis)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

[DZ] FOUL (Thesis)

Post by dreamawake » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:16 am

Youtube Stream
FinalOUtLaw

This is a real music video and an amv mashup I decided to work on to promote this rapper. Final Outlaw. Check it out, peep his music, and fuck Valentines day.

Changelling
with double L
Org Profile

Re: [DZ] FOUL (Thesis)

Post by Changelling » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:31 am

not bad mate :) I like the idea of combining the music video with your AMV, but what I found odd was that the music video is actually occupied a real big % of your video, I liked the way you combined everything, but I believe the atmosphere would have been less underwhelming if the major focus of the video was actually the anime instead of the music video

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:45 pm

The artist has officially responded to me and enjoyed the video! May possibly be working on a real music video for him in the future.

Fucking. Awesome.

Also thx gabber, truth be told, I made the first half of the video about 6 months ago, that's why the first half has considerably more anime than the last. But I wanted to focus on the actual video being incorporated too, so I did my best to keep a relative balance.

DSK3
Org Profile

Post by DSK3 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:24 pm

I'm glad to see you in the same good form as always! Nice mix and true hiphop here always
It always surprise me how fast the lyric and the image are synced for, even if I see it many times that combination will always fool my eyes.
Thumbs up for sure :up:!
well... I don't care

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:08 am

Daisuke_Z wrote:I'm glad to see you in the same good form as always! Nice mix and true hiphop here always
It always surprise me how fast the lyric and the image are synced for, even if I see it many times that combination will always fool my eyes.
Thumbs up for sure :up:!
Word, you know I keeps it 100 buddy. thx for the comment! :bear:

Tearx
The Malicious Feline
Org Profile

Post by Tearx » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Visually it all looks really nice so good job on that ^^
The idea is pretty neat, but I feel there needs to be a little more reason to why you used random action footage from
animes to convey something. If there was a bigger theme for this I would definitely like it a lot more.
For example: if you explored more of Spike's profile and that one Kara's dude characters more throughout the video
it would have made a lot more sense and really unified everything.
Editing was good, seemed a little too fast in some areas, (kind hard to focus on something)

Overall it was still enjoyable so good job Joey! :up:

Replay Studios
A Studio Within A Studio
Org Profile

Post by Replay Studios » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:37 pm

good editing, theme was ok ^^

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:48 pm

Not really my cup of tea when it comes to music , but damn thats some tight editing. :up:
Still better than that MMO.

dreamawake
Prodigal Pen-Throttle
Org Profile

Post by dreamawake » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:44 am

thx pal.

Bollocks
Deranged Baboon
Org Profile

Post by Bollocks » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:08 pm

Usually this isn't the kind of thing I'd enjoy at all, but this was actually pretty dope! Nice work man :up:
"Never fall for a tennis player. Love means nothing to them"

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”