Dial M For Me-YOW

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Dial M For Me-YOW

Postby drewaconclusion » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 pm

*banner has nothing to do with the video

This was my entry in this year's AWA Pro contest.
Image ImageImageImage Image
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion
What this is, I don't even...

Re: Dial M For Me-YOW

Postby TritioAFB » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:05 am

I remember this one. Surprised you're the author though :o

So it's decided. Before quitting I have to make at least a comedy video. And this one is an example of the type I'm looking for :ying:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby BasharOfTheAges » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:27 am

Dat video. XD
BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?

Postby drewaconclusion » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:53 am

TritioAFB wrote:I remember this one. Surprised you're the author though :o
Yeah, I was surprised you made Dra-Co-Ty-Ra in AWA Pro.

TritioAFB wrote:Before quitting I have to make at least a comedy video. And this one is an example of the type I'm looking for :ying:
This I'll have to see. |:>

BasharOfTheAges wrote:Dat video. XD
:bear:
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion

Postby TritioAFB » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:12 pm

I believe you and l33tmeatwad are the ones that should help me there. I don't think there are other editors that could be experts in this genre than you two guys.

Again, great amv. Keep it up :up:
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:00 pm

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this one. Most of the clips in this video felt like "that fits" rather than really contributing to the humor. Overall the video really just felt lewd for no reason at all since none of the dirty clips really added anything to the humor of the video itself. I really like your humor for the most part, but every time I've seen it fail (at least to amuse me) it has been your use of dirty or sexual video clips.
Sites: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Guides & Scripts: AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | Anime Upscale
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
l33tmeatwad

Postby drewaconclusion » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:32 pm

TritioAFB wrote:Again, great amv. Keep it up :up:
I think you're giving this video too much credit.

l33tmeatwad wrote:I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this one. Most of the clips in this video felt like "that fits" rather than really contributing to the humor. Overall the video really just felt lewd for no reason at all since none of the dirty clips really added anything to the humor of the video itself. I really like your humor for the most part, but every time I've seen it fail (at least to amuse me) it has been your use of dirty or sexual video clips.
I'm not going to say this video is some sort of masterpiece, but something about this just irked me. To be honest, I don't think our senses of humor line up well. Out of politeness I've never said this before, but I haven't found many of your comedies to be all that funny. And I feel I could level those same criticisms back at you. But that's getting rather off topic and all it's going to do is start an argument, so I'm just not going to even bother.

As for the lewdness, it's kind of inherent to the sources. Just for an fyi, this is where the audio originates from (NSFW). Not really any better quality clips of the scene online.
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion

Postby l33tmeatwad » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 am

drewaconclusion wrote:I'm not going to say this video is some sort of masterpiece, but something about this just irked me. To be honest, I don't think our senses of humor line up well. Out of politeness I've never said this before, but I haven't found many of your comedies to be all that funny. And I feel I could level those same criticisms back at you. But that's getting rather off topic and all it's going to do is start an argument, so I'm just not going to even bother.

As for the lewdness, it's kind of inherent to the sources. Just for an fyi, this is where the audio originates from (NSFW). Not really any better quality clips of the scene online.
Hmm...perhaps you misunderstand...I get humor is subjective, but my main complaint here is I felt the sources weren't utilized effectively. Seeing the original now it stills stands to me as "those scenes fit" and it really just feels like scene matching the original verbatim instead of being something new. I'm just trying to give some honest critical feedback and tell you what I feel you should work on overall. I was not intending to hurt your feelings or make you feel like I thought all your videos were bad. I actually like a lot of your videos and enjoy most of your comedy videos, including some of your dirty humor (like Kount Krausula).
l33tmeatwad

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:26 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:
drewaconclusion wrote:I'm not going to say this video is some sort of masterpiece, but something about this just irked me. To be honest, I don't think our senses of humor line up well. Out of politeness I've never said this before, but I haven't found many of your comedies to be all that funny. And I feel I could level those same criticisms back at you. But that's getting rather off topic and all it's going to do is start an argument, so I'm just not going to even bother.

Hmm...perhaps you misunderstand...I get humor is subjective, but my main complaint here is I felt the sources weren't utilized effectively. Seeing the original now it stills stands to me as "those scenes fit" and it really just feels like scene matching the original verbatim instead of being something new. I'm just trying to give some honest critical feedback and tell you what I feel you should work on overall. I was not intending to hurt your feelings or make you feel like I thought all your videos were bad. I actually like a lot of your videos and enjoy most of your comedy videos, including some of your dirty humor (like Kount Krausula).
You didn't hurt my feelings and I don't mind the negative review (judging by the star scale that seems to be the consensus anyhow). I just had an issue with that particular criticism coming from you. That's all. And in the process, I've probably killed my own thread. :beer:
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion

Postby l33tmeatwad » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:14 am

Well, to be fair when I reread my original post I have to say I could have worded it better....and I'm sure you didn't kill the thread, the announcement forum is known for only EPIC videos actually getting a response and everything else just gets ignored :( ...and hey, your thread is doing better than the thread for mine and Amaterasu's AWA Pro video, lol...
l33tmeatwad

Postby drewaconclusion » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:18 am

l33tmeatwad wrote:Well, to be fair when I reread my original post I have to say I could have worded it better....and I'm sure you didn't kill the thread, the announcement forum is known for only EPIC videos actually getting a response and everything else just gets ignored :( ...and hey, your thread is doing better than the thread for mine and Amaterasu's AWA Pro video, lol...

Yeah, I'm not really one to talk about keeping announcement threads alive. I need to get better about that.
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion

Postby Kisagi » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:47 pm

OHMAGURD
Kisagi

Postby drewaconclusion » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:33 am

Kisagi wrote:OHMAGURD

THEY TOOK OUR JORBS!
Image Image Image
drewaconclusion

Postby CastielTheFallen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:45 pm

drewaconclusion wrote:
TritioAFB wrote:Again, great amv. Keep it up :up:
I think you're giving this video too much credit.

l33tmeatwad wrote:I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this one. Most of the clips in this video felt like "that fits" rather than really contributing to the humor. Overall the video really just felt lewd for no reason at all since none of the dirty clips really added anything to the humor of the video itself. I really like your humor for the most part, but every time I've seen it fail (at least to amuse me) it has been your use of dirty or sexual video clips.
I'm not going to say this video is some sort of masterpiece, but something about this just irked me. To be honest, I don't think our senses of humor line up well. Out of politeness I've never said this before, but I haven't found many of your comedies to be all that funny. And I feel I could level those same criticisms back at you. But that's getting rather off topic and all it's going to do is start an argument, so I'm just not going to even bother.

It's ok man, I've never found ANY of his videos to be any kind of funny, or good for that matter. :awesome:
DZ|BSP
CastielTheFallen
Prodigal Pen-Throttle

Postby Shin-AMV » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 pm

I was amused.

but more importantly...

l33tmeatwad x drewaconclusion OTP

<.<
Shin-AMV

Next

Return to AMV Announcements