The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
HaydenST
Org Profile

Re: The Seed of Discord [Japan Expo 2013]

Post by HaydenST » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:12 am

Cool! When i watched ur video to the Japan Expo, i didn't understand why this one didn't take part to the finals ...... but anyways i like it.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:36 am

MentalTsui wrote:I don't know why..but I didn't even have to watch the whole thing and it's already one of my personal favorites. Very amazing indeed. It's such a shame you weren't a finalist though.
No no, your taste in drama videos is amazing :P Very kind of you MentalTsui, thank you!
[madaraxD] wrote:I really like it, idk how didnt get into the finals but oh well :uhoh: , solid editing as always, good work :up:
Glad to know I didn't dissapoint my previous beta testers! Thanks a lot Madara, see you on your next Quickening vid :wink:
Kisagi wrote:Nice job, I like it! :up: :up:
Glad to hear that! :up: :up:
lloyd9988 wrote:omg so cool! O: Really love the typography in this one because I thought of how big it was at first, I was gonna hate it, but it blended so well and made the amv look amazing! Also, I love your overlays! They look so great!
Thank God, you're the first one that praises me for my typography. Thanks for your kind words lloyd, I really appreciate this! :D
HaydenST wrote:Cool! When i watched ur video to the Japan Expo, i didn't understand why this one didn't take part to the finals ...... but anyways i like it.
It's quite an honour to get a response from one of the contest's winners. Thank you Hayden, I believe I'll be seeing you again in the same contest, next year :up:

Also... more than half of the comments I'm getting is about me, deserving to get to the finalists of Japan Expo. What can I say... that was up to the judges, nothing I can do about it. Opinions are subjective... maybe all of the 26 finalists were really better than me.

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 am

Well, I bet you know my opinion about the vid very well, so let me just say you did some awesome piece of work again. While there are some minor flaws for me, general editing is very solid and clean. And this is some very intense atmosphere! I'm proud of you <3

and... Yes, you totally should have made it to the finals at least.

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 am

I enjoyed watching this, thanks. :bear:
Still better than that MMO.

Chiiisus
Org Profile

Post by Chiiisus » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:31 pm

Usually this isn't the kind of video I like, but the mood and atmosphere was really awesome. :up:

Like everyone else, I think this definitely should have been in the finals. I actually liked it a lot more than the videos that came first and second, but that's just me. xD
Rawr desu <3

FarmXD
Farmer Farm wants to battle!
Org Profile

Post by FarmXD » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:21 pm

Too bad it wasn't a finalist, pal.
I really liked it. Still, my favorite of yours it's Mateotis.
Keep it up!

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:01 am

Centurione wrote:I'm proud of you <3
Okay, now you're just stealing my quotes :awesome:
Milk Or Life! wrote:I enjoyed watching this, thanks. :bear:
Glad to know that more and more people enjoy watching videos that show violence, anarchy and sex scenes. :awesome:
Chiiisus wrote:Usually this isn't the kind of video I like, but the mood and atmosphere was really awesome. :up:

Like everyone else, I think this definitely should have been in the finals. I actually liked it a lot more than the videos that came first and second, but that's just me. xD
Hah Chiiisus, you're the kind of audience that I thought would disapprove of my video. Glad to know I'm wrong! And also thanks for your kind words... you've got one great taste in AMVs! :awesome:
FarmXD wrote:Too bad it wasn't a finalist, pal.
I really liked it. Still, my favorite of yours it's Mateotis.
Keep it up!
And here is my target audience :3 Thanks Farm, I will! Every day is still the same eh? :D

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:54 pm

as your usual the scenes selection are great with a dark depressed atmosphere
I personally like your style of amv , the only things that you should review it's some abuses of cross/fade (it's not very fastidious but just my opinion)
Good Job :up:

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:42 pm

I just love the dark atmosphere you've created in this video...it's very captivating. Emotions were portrayed well and the editing was smooth all-around, especially the transitioning/blending. Very nice work, I enjoyed it. :up:

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:32 pm

A classic Animated amv. A bit sad to hear this will be your last "big" project, since your videos was one of the reasons I started making amvs, but happy at the same time because you made this. Great job man, and gl in the future.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”