Ender's Evangelion

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Ender's Evangelion

Postby Fizziks » Sun May 26, 2013 2:47 pm

Hello everyone!

So, it's been a few years since I posted a new video here. Recently, I saw the new trailer for the Ender's Game movie, and after seeing how closely the story of the trailer resembled Evangelion, I decided the combine the two sources, and the result is the video you see here.

As always, comments and opinions are appreciated. I hope you enjoy this video!
Fizziks

Re: Ender's Evangelion

Postby Phantasmagoriat » Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 am

I always appreciate a good Fizziks Trailer!
Very clean and professional. Well done :up:
Org Profile | AMVGuide | Phan Picks! | THE424SHOW | YouTube | "Galactic Escape"

"Effort to Understand; Effort to be Understood; to See through Different Eyes."
Phantasmagoriat

Postby pacotacoshell » Mon May 27, 2013 12:57 am

That was dope.

:up: :up:
pacotacoshell

Postby M'o'l » Mon May 27, 2013 4:26 am

Simple and effective ! :up: Pretty tight sync which made it quite enjoyable, me gusta. :dino:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby imp » Mon May 27, 2013 8:06 am

fantastic! had not seen the Ender's Game trailer before I saw your video,
so first your video was simply great! it made me want to watch NGE and Ender's Game.
After seeing the Ender's Game trailer your video seemed even better, real professional looking.
Good job!
Code: Select all
/*
 *  Author's note:
 *  Software engineering is the part of computer science which is too difficult for the computer scientist.
 */
imp

Postby Animated » Mon May 27, 2013 10:44 am

Phantasmagoriat wrote:I always appreciate a good Fizziks Trailer!

Ditto that! We rarely see AMV trailers nowadays, this could easily enter the final phase of the next VCAs! Good job mate, the new editors should learn about the good old ones :amv:
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby Flame-X » Mon May 27, 2013 11:12 am

Simply well done. :up:
Flame-X

Postby Cross/fade » Mon May 27, 2013 2:41 pm

I liked it. I was simple and clean but this is how I like trailers to be :awesome: .

Glad to see you back ;3
Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3

Postby Fizziks » Mon May 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Very clean and professional. Well done :up:

Thanks for the comment, and your help with the video!

pacotacoshell wrote:That was dope.

:up: :up:

Thank you!

Milk Or Life! wrote:Simple and effective ! :up: Pretty tight sync which made it quite enjoyable, me gusta. :dino:

Simplicity was definitely key for me. I didn't feel that it needed to be too "effectsy".

Impiety wrote:fantastic! had not seen the Ender's Game trailer before I saw your video,
so first your video was simply great! it made me want to watch NGE and Ender's Game.
After seeing the Ender's Game trailer your video seemed even better, real professional looking.
Good job!

I appreciate the comment! Glad you enjoyed it!

Animated wrote:

Ditto that! We rarely see AMV trailers nowadays, this could easily enter the final phase of the next VCAs! Good job mate, the new editors should learn about the good old ones :amv:

Thanks the comment and op! I definitely agree, the more trailer AMV's the better.

Flame-X wrote:Simply well done. :up:

Thanks man, and I appreciate all the help you gave!

Cross/fade wrote:I liked it. I was simple and clean but this is how I like trailers to be :awesome: .

Glad to see you back ;3

It's nice to be back. Hopefully I'll actually stick around :wink:
Fizziks

Postby EvaFan » Wed May 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Pretty slick trailer here, would recommend to any evafans out there. :awesome:

In all honesty though grats on making another successful amv and rejoining the hobby. Almost makes me want to try my hands at another trailer, ALMOST. Maybe. Possibly. I don't know. Kinda.
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson
EvaFan

Postby Fizziks » Thu May 30, 2013 7:43 pm

EvaFan wrote:Pretty slick trailer here, would recommend to any evafans out there. :awesome:

In all honesty though grats on making another successful amv and rejoining the hobby. Almost makes me want to try my hands at another trailer, ALMOST. Maybe. Possibly. I don't know. Kinda.

Glad you liked, and thanks for the op!

Seriously though, you should only make a video if you want to, but if one day you have an idea that you really want to try out, just do it! :bzz: That's pretty much what happened with this video for me. Who knows, maybe I'll put out one or two more videos this year, and then go on hiatus again for another few years until inspiration strikes again. :D
Fizziks

Postby AimoAio » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:45 pm

Glad to see you back with another trailer, I really liked your dating sim one from a while back. :P

Anyway I loved the sync! I did think there was a little too much text (as in the character introductions) but well it's not really a big issue, it's only difficult for me to remember who's who when they're all just thrown in my face because I haven't seen Eva. xD I'll get around to that (mega late) OP sometime soon too hopefully! XD
AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy

Postby Fizziks » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:00 pm

AimoAio wrote:Glad to see you back with another trailer, I really liked your dating sim one from a while back. :P

Anyway I loved the sync! I did think there was a little too much text (as in the character introductions) but well it's not really a big issue, it's only difficult for me to remember who's who when they're all just thrown in my face because I haven't seen Eva. xD I'll get around to that (mega late) OP sometime soon too hopefully! XD

Thanks for the comment! :)

With regards to the text: one of my goals with this AMV was to closely mimic the original Ender's Game trailer. The original trailer had text for each of the main actors involved, and so I did the same for the Evangelion characters. For some people it worked, for others it didn't, but I kind of expected that.
Fizziks

Postby ultimateX021 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:51 am

Dude. Freakin' awesome especially for me as an evangelion fan. I give you props for this work. I think you did an excellent job with this trailer here. :mrgreen: :up:
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. One who doesn't ask a question is a fool FOREVER....... ~Chinese Proverb~
ultimateX021

Postby Fizziks » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:09 pm

ultimateX021 wrote:Dude. Freakin' awesome especially for me as an evangelion fan. I give you props for this work. I think you did an excellent job with this trailer here. :mrgreen: :up:

Thank you! Glad you liked it! :D
Fizziks

Return to AMV Announcements