lain.she.is

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.
User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

lain.she.is

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun May 05, 2013 3:42 am

Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
Shin-AMV
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Status: Ching Chong Dumpling Princess
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Shin-AMV » Sun May 05, 2013 4:22 am

I don't even.....
Image

User avatar
TritioAFB
Ambassador of the AMVWorld
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:38 am
Status: Doctor
Location: Honduras
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby TritioAFB » Sun May 05, 2013 10:41 am

Oh my dear russians what have you done...
Making AMVs by day, Going to Gym by Night
ImageImage

User avatar
ibabrak
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:43 am
Status: Let's get cereal.
Location: Czech Republic
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby ibabrak » Sun May 05, 2013 1:47 pm

creepy :up:
ImageImage

User avatar
BecauseImBored1
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:15 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby BecauseImBored1 » Sun May 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I like this one from you :)

User avatar
Rendakor
Falling Like A Star
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:54 pm
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Rendakor » Sun May 05, 2013 8:50 pm

That was odd, and that song was awful.
Image Image

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby l33tmeatwad » Mon May 06, 2013 9:55 am

Shin-AMV wrote:I don't even.....
I know, it's that amazing |:>

TritioAFB wrote:Oh my dear russians what have you done...
Probably started the AMV cold war...

ibabrak wrote:creepy :up:
:taco:

BecauseImBored1 wrote:I like this one from you :)
Why thank you!

Rendakor wrote:That was odd, and that song was awful.
Haha, yeah...it's not the best song I ever picked...
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube

User avatar
NightMistress85
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:42 am
Location: Washington, DC
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby NightMistress85 » Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm

First AMV I've seen to the song. The poster for this made me think it'd be something funny and more parody-like, but it turned out more abstract. Not in a bad way though. It was more interesting than the song is.

User avatar
Kisagi
The sexy Artist
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:54 pm
Status: Lighting up the days
Location: California, United States
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Kisagi » Mon May 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Oh boy what is this?
Image

User avatar
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Status: Flapping Lips
Location: Arkansas
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby CodeZTM » Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.

Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect


Concept/Originality: Congratulations on continuing to make odd combinations work REALLY well. I loved this combination and thought it was really well thought out. The use of the Lain club scenes and really odd computer animations really worked well with this techno-esque song. Definitely an original type of dance video with a more serious focus than the usual upbeat/fun focus. There were some areas where I felt the concept was a bit too repeated (see editing/sync), but still overall a well executed video. 8.5/10

Editing/Sync: The primary thing that really struck through my head was the repeated use of the disco ball and the very similar looking club scenes used repeatedly for lyrical sync. I dunno. I mean, it fit the first time was was kind of clever, but seeing it repeated several times made it lose its effect. Similar to the "all eyes on us" sync which felt repeated often as well. I actually didn't see this as a comedy video though. I also want to mention that the extended scene of the DJ giving Lain could have been shortened or focused more on to make it more impactful. In terms of editing, I liked the fusion of the hard cuts and fades, and I felt like it well balanced, but there were times the hard cuts really had a staggering effect (usually when the video would transition from one type of colored dark scnee to a more brightly colored scene), but it was few. Other than that though, I thought the rest of the video was really well done creating a horror/creepy video with a fairly upbeat song, and the two sources melded really well together! I loved how there was a sub-plot (or I may have imagined this, I tend to overthink) of the techno stuff being a metaphor for the club-drug scene, which made the ending all the more impacting. 8/10

Visuals/Audio: Solid visuals and audio. No real complains in this department. 9/10

Lip Sync: Well done and it was actually really effective when you chose to use it. Actually, I felt like the first half of the video could have used more of it! 9/10

Re-View: A cool video I think I'll watch for a while. Very unique and interesting to watch and try to catch everything. 8.5/10

Overall: I dug it. There were really minor things I think it could have polished up on, but had a really unique concept to it, and it was well fleshed out. 8.5/10

User avatar
catgod
cat stalker
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby catgod » Tue May 07, 2013 9:31 pm

That was sick nasty awesome!
:up: :up: :up:
With "clubby" repetitive songs like this I usually get bored and quit watching half-way but the way you edited it kept me attentive so GOLD STAR for that!~
Also another GOLD STAR for "being that amv that makes me want to watch the anime!~~"
do you even kininarimasu!?
http://shitstirspearesays.tumblr.com/

User avatar
Amaterasu
Lets Positive Thinking
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:07 pm
Status: Bovine
Location: Renovo, PA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Amaterasu » Wed May 08, 2013 12:01 am

This video makes me want to both scream and shout. However, I have yet to let it all out.

But seriously, I like it. :up:

User avatar
Pic4
needs more cowbells
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am
Status: madly insane
Location: Germany
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Pic4 » Wed May 08, 2013 6:00 am

I hate dat song. But the video was cool, because it feels sarcastic for me. I think it's because the song has a good mood - but the video doesn't and that's kind of funny. :up:
Easily driven

User avatar
Mol
Strawberry Pie
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:28 am
Status: Star Huntin'
Location: Sweden
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby Mol » Wed May 08, 2013 8:14 am

Well song is crappy, but editing is quite fine , tho bit too repetitive maybe. It kinda started to loose its power towards the end for me, still pretty well executed :up:
Still better than that MMO.
Image

User avatar
l33tmeatwad
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:22 pm
Status: Trolling
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Contact:
Org Profile

Re: lain.she.is

Postby l33tmeatwad » Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 pm

NightMistress85 wrote:First AMV I've seen to the song. The poster for this made me think it'd be something funny and more parody-like, but it turned out more abstract. Not in a bad way though. It was more interesting than the song is.
Yeah, it wasn't intended to be comedy, hence why I didn't flag it as comedy in the description...but I suppose the banner I chose did throw a few people off...lol

Theredflash66 wrote:Oh boy what is this?
If you figure it out let me know, as I have not figured that one out yet, haha...

CodeZTM wrote:My post today for the "Let's Get Active" campaign in General AMV! Grading Scale under spoiler.

Spoiler :
0 = Nonexistant
1-4 = Below Average. Lacking in key components that would make it an average quality.
5 = Average
6-9 = Above Average. Slightly above average, but lacking qualities that would make it something perfect.
10 = Perfect


Concept/Originality: Congratulations on continuing to make odd combinations work REALLY well. I loved this combination and thought it was really well thought out. The use of the Lain club scenes and really odd computer animations really worked well with this techno-esque song. Definitely an original type of dance video with a more serious focus than the usual upbeat/fun focus. There were some areas where I felt the concept was a bit too repeated (see editing/sync), but still overall a well executed video. 8.5/10

Editing/Sync: The primary thing that really struck through my head was the repeated use of the disco ball and the very similar looking club scenes used repeatedly for lyrical sync. I dunno. I mean, it fit the first time was was kind of clever, but seeing it repeated several times made it lose its effect. Similar to the "all eyes on us" sync which felt repeated often as well. I actually didn't see this as a comedy video though. I also want to mention that the extended scene of the DJ giving Lain could have been shortened or focused more on to make it more impactful. In terms of editing, I liked the fusion of the hard cuts and fades, and I felt like it well balanced, but there were times the hard cuts really had a staggering effect (usually when the video would transition from one type of colored dark scnee to a more brightly colored scene), but it was few. Other than that though, I thought the rest of the video was really well done creating a horror/creepy video with a fairly upbeat song, and the two sources melded really well together! I loved how there was a sub-plot (or I may have imagined this, I tend to overthink) of the techno stuff being a metaphor for the club-drug scene, which made the ending all the more impacting. 8/10

Visuals/Audio: Solid visuals and audio. No real complains in this department. 9/10

Lip Sync: Well done and it was actually really effective when you chose to use it. Actually, I felt like the first half of the video could have used more of it! 9/10

Re-View: A cool video I think I'll watch for a while. Very unique and interesting to watch and try to catch everything. 8.5/10

Overall: I dug it. There were really minor things I think it could have polished up on, but had a really unique concept to it, and it was well fleshed out. 8.5/10
Thanks, very glad you enjoyed it! Yeah, the club stuff was recycled a bit, however there's only about 45 seconds of useable unique club footage in the series as the series itself recycles this footage. Most everyone was telling me I was crazy for attempting an upbeat Lain video, and I ended up surprising a few people by maintaining the pace of the video for 3 minutes. Also, you are not crazy, I started off with no storyline and ended up making a mini story inside of the video...unintentionally, lol!

chit wrote:That was sick nasty awesome!
:up: :up: :up:
With "clubby" repetitive songs like this I usually get bored and quit watching half-way but the way you edited it kept me attentive so GOLD STAR for that!~
Also another GOLD STAR for "being that amv that makes me want to watch the anime!~~"
Awesome to hear, Lain is quite the interesting series and I hope you enjoy it if you do end up watching it |:>

Amaterasu wrote:This video makes me want to both scream and shout. However, I have yet to let it all out.

But seriously, I like it. :up:
Constipated? :ying:

Pic4 wrote:I hate dat song. But the video was cool, because it feels sarcastic for me. I think it's because the song has a good mood - but the video doesn't and that's kind of funny. :up:
Haha, that is exactly how I felt about the concept when started this video :awesome:

Milk Or Life! wrote:Well song is crappy, but editing is quite fine , tho bit too repetitive maybe. It kinda started to loose its power towards the end for me, still pretty well executed :up:
Yeah...Lain doesn't exactly have a lot of fast paced footage so I had to make due. It definitely does trail off near the end, but I kept the pace and energy the best I could based on the limited footage I had to work with.
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube


Return to “AMV Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests