Passion Clock [Big Contest 2013]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Re: Passion Clock [Big Contest 2013]

Post by JudgeHolden » Mon May 20, 2013 1:17 pm

:up:

Koopiskeva
|:
Location: Out There Occupation: Fondling Private Areas ..of the Nation.
Org Profile

Post by Koopiskeva » Tue May 21, 2013 8:00 pm

great use of tatami, good stuff!
Hi.

RenaSun
Org Profile

Post by RenaSun » Sun May 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Music/video combination is so perfect! Very nice and positive clip, voted for you)
Thank you very much for the song :wink:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am

Fizziks wrote:This is a great video! The effects work is really seamless and superbly done. I very much enjoyed it! :up:
Thanks you :D
TritioAFB wrote:you have grown up boy, for this series is probably one of my favorites specially with the blending of so different styles :dino:
Thanks Tritio i'm glad you like :P
JudgeHolden wrote::up:
Koopiskeva wrote:great use of tatami, good stuff!
Thanks koop i'm glad you like :D
RenaSun wrote:Music/video combination is so perfect! Very nice and positive clip, voted for you)
Thank you very much for the song :wink:
Thanks rena i'm glad you like :D

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed May 29, 2013 8:59 am

Damn, I liked this A LOT. The sync is especially gorgeous and the hard beats in the song really resonates with you, especially the section from 1:11-1:24 which was my favourite part. :up: Very nicely done there. Effects, masking, transitions, colouring all blend very smoothly together and made the video look sophisticated, just like a real MV.

Scene selection for the most part was great, though I'm not really sure I got the ending (or the full story behind the AMV). Was he saving her or their relationship? At first I thought it was their relationship, maybe they broke up or something and he's drowning himself in depression and then decides to go fix this mess. But the newspaper and the drowning scene at around 1:27 hint to me that maybe she was involved in some accident and he wanted to undo this? The ending scene of the um...light/sky and their hands together is also ambiguous. I can't tell if it's a sign he succeeded in saving her (so she's alive) or he joined her in heaven. XD Either way, I guess it's a happy ending for him though I would have liked some overlays of their memories or something just so it doesn't feel so empty. Nonetheless, I was impressed with how you managed to mix the different animes together so well, aside from the pretty obvious ones (TGWLTT, Steins;Gate, Shana) I couldn't really distinguish which scenes were from Tatami and which weren't so nice one there! :mrgreen:

Another two gripes were some colour bleeds and repetitive camera movement that didn't quite work. Some of the camera works felt a little awkward when the scene already had movement in them, for example at 0:31 where the camera is moving out and he turns to face us, then at 0:42 where it's moving to the right and his head looks up. The colour bleeding (at 0:44) where you see the red colour....bleeding (XD) over the scene when fading out to black also looks weird. Well it could have been intentional but it just looks kinda wrong to me. A remedy for this is to use a black solid to do your fading instead of just the envelopes (if you're using sony vegas).

That being said, I did really enjoy the AMV. Very cool and stylish. Nice job Cecco! ^^ :up:

Cecco
Biscotto
Org Profile

Post by Cecco » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:28 pm

AimoAio wrote:Damn, I liked this A LOT. The sync is especially gorgeous and the hard beats in the song really resonates with you, especially the section from 1:11-1:24 which was my favourite part. :up: Very nicely done there. Effects, masking, transitions, colouring all blend very smoothly together and made the video look sophisticated, just like a real MV.

Scene selection for the most part was great, though I'm not really sure I got the ending (or the full story behind the AMV). Was he saving her or their relationship? At first I thought it was their relationship, maybe they broke up or something and he's drowning himself in depression and then decides to go fix this mess. But the newspaper and the drowning scene at around 1:27 hint to me that maybe she was involved in some accident and he wanted to undo this? The ending scene of the um...light/sky and their hands together is also ambiguous. I can't tell if it's a sign he succeeded in saving her (so she's alive) or he joined her in heaven. XD Either way, I guess it's a happy ending for him though I would have liked some overlays of their memories or something just so it doesn't feel so empty. Nonetheless, I was impressed with how you managed to mix the different animes together so well, aside from the pretty obvious ones (TGWLTT, Steins;Gate, Shana) I couldn't really distinguish which scenes were from Tatami and which weren't so nice one there! :mrgreen:

Another two gripes were some colour bleeds and repetitive camera movement that didn't quite work. Some of the camera works felt a little awkward when the scene already had movement in them, for example at 0:31 where the camera is moving out and he turns to face us, then at 0:42 where it's moving to the right and his head looks up. The colour bleeding (at 0:44) where you see the red colour....bleeding (XD) over the scene when fading out to black also looks weird. Well it could have been intentional but it just looks kinda wrong to me. A remedy for this is to use a black solid to do your fading instead of just the envelopes (if you're using sony vegas).

That being said, I did really enjoy the AMV. Very cool and stylish. Nice job Cecco! ^^ :up:
Thanks very much aimo =)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”