Destroying Something Beautiful

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Destroying Something Beautiful

Post by Animated » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:32 pm

In case you missed the POE drama, here's a good place to start!

In a few words, Round 4 on Project Org Editor demanded to recreate a favourite video of ours. Remember Siny's video? That cute fuzzy little vid? Yes, that.
Something terrible happened to it.

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Re: Destroying Something Beautiful

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:08 pm

You had me at Hellsing <3

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:43 pm

nice

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Personally I thought this was an interesting video. Felt fairly creative to turn one of the most enjoyable AMVs of 2012 into a dark lanscape of death and destruction. Although, I must be on reddit too much, but it really didn't seem too overly "Dark" to me, even the uncensored version was fairly tame.

It was a shame that you did not finish it before publishing though. The song cut (while not completely offputting, and the fade at least gave it closure) just didn't really finish up the complete parody of siny's video. There's so much more that could have been done!

My general laughter came from the rocket scene with howl, but other bits and pieces made me snort a time or two.

I felt like the text could have been improved upon. The bit with the Oooooooh-ooooooh parts especially felt oddly off-center or out of place for some reason.

Editing/sync, visual quality and just pretty much everything was really well done about it, but it's not something I see myself watching frequently. It's good for a quick laugh, but review-ability hurts it.

Overall though, I thought it was a witty/interesting video with great quality to have been made in a mere week.

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:31 pm

Oh, I guess this is where I should have posted what I thought of this video. Instead of retyping the whole thing, I'll just say it was a good idea that didn't quite work. Keep working at it. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses, even having people commenting in this thread is a good sign for such a video :D

@Code: An honor to have you here, after my elimination at the contest. I was totally thinking of finishing and publishing it the way it should have been, but after I saw I lost, I kinda lost my inspiration and appetite (I was so sure I was going to pass to the next round... my fault for being so sure). If I was given some more time, I believe I would have used a different approach on siny's original video, but with only a week ahead I edited whatever crazy thing I could think of :sweat: Thanks for your comment, your criticism is fair and detailed as always :up:

@Kit: And here I was, thinking that if there would be only one person to adore my video, that would be you! Where's Godix when you need him the most :sorcerer: I can see your point and I have to agree with you. When it comes to comedy/parody, it's tough for the editor himself to please the audience. Well, I know I would love this video if it was made by someone else, but I have a weird taste in AMVs (and women) :P Thanks for your time nonetheless!

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Animated wrote:Where's Godix when you need him the most :sorcerer:
Haha, I was thinking about the whole WWGD (What Would godix Do?) thing when I was writing this up - not as in "what should I say about this?" but more of a "should I even chime in?" thing.
Animated wrote:@Kit: And here I was, thinking that if there would be only one person to adore my video, that would be you!
I always forget I have some kind of reputation around here. Thanks for thinking of me, I guess? :uhoh:
Animated wrote:Well, I know I would love this video if it was made by someone else, but I have a weird taste in AMVs (and women) :P Thanks for your time nonetheless!
Anyway, this is what's important, especially in a contest like OrgEditor. I know when I got eliminated from the 2010 contest (curse you, Secret Judge!) I was feeling a lot of the same things. It's a very subjective thing, so being able to say "I still like my video" is key. :up:
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

ProjectBarcodeError
Org Profile

Post by ProjectBarcodeError » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:08 pm

BecauseImBored1 wrote:You had me at Hellsing <3
same here.

Very funny and creative idea, the theme is respected by far. i just hated your texts; i think you used to melt them a lot better. some live scenes felt odd sometimes too.

I had a good laugh.

javywhite
You belong in a museum
Org Profile

Post by javywhite » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:04 pm

Oh man, such perfection. The fat zombie lady chasing the chick synced with "I wanna touch you" was glorious.

ReggieSmalls
Org Profile

Post by ReggieSmalls » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Shit was funny as hell
Am I the meanest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the prettiest? Sho'nuff !
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town? Sho'nuff!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”