[dps] The Wandering Journal

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Kyotachi
Org Profile

[dps] The Wandering Journal

Post by Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 am

Haven't been around here for awhile...this place scares me :uhoh:
Just going to put this here :nose:
You can read the explanation by simply clicking on the link. :awesome:

lolligerjoj
Org Profile

Re: [dps] The Wandering Journal

Post by lolligerjoj » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:18 am

Really liked this. Has a really cool tone and is pretty stylish. The colors are perfect, the effects are used tastefully. :up:
But the plot is probably really hard to follow if you don't know the anime (which is unlikely ;))
Image Image
Image Image

pacotacoshell
Org Profile

Post by pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 am

I thought this was pretty okay. I agree with the tasteful use of effects, and the typography was good. Though the concept seems like a regular Death Note story, and the win against Near in the end wasn't obvious (or visible at all to me). This reminds me of a mini-Maniaki vid, but less crazy.

Overall an okay vid that could have had a cooler concept to really push everything forward (like maybe Light killing people in different animes like S;G or something).

Kyotachi
Org Profile

Post by Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 am

lolligerjoj wrote:Really liked this. Has a really cool tone and is pretty stylish. The colors are perfect, the effects are used tastefully. :up:
But the plot is probably really hard to follow if you don't know the anime (which is unlikely ;))
I agree.... it's pretty blurry the plot...i.e if you haven't watched the anime... that's why I made sure to get the mood right. Thank you :mrgreen:

pacotacoshell wrote:I thought this was pretty okay. I agree with the tasteful use of effects, and the typography was good. Though the concept seems like a regular Death Note story, and the win against Near in the end wasn't obvious (or visible at all to me). This reminds me of a mini-Maniaki vid, but less crazy.

Overall an okay vid that could have had a cooler concept to really push everything forward (like maybe Light killing people in different animes like S;G or something).
Thank you :). "the concept seems like a regular Death Note story" well that's what I was typically aiming for really. I didn't quite achieve the concept of defeating 'N' at the end..maybe due because of the borders closing in?....but if that's the case then perhaps v2 of this video does make more sense of what I was initially aiming for? ;o I don't often edit with Death Note so I can say for myself I'm not very good at it. :P
Again..thank you. :D

Shiver
Higurashiver
Org Profile

Post by Shiver » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 am

Finally!! :awesome:
As I told you, I love this amv...I think the atmosphere centered very well the mood of the video :up:
I realized you have made Near be defeated the second time I watched the video so it was not so obvious but still understandable.
Good job as always :sorcerer:
Spoiler :
remember to post your videos here! :nose:

Kyotachi
Org Profile

Post by Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 am

haha thanks man! :D

SeNniN
Org Profile

Post by SeNniN » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:19 pm

You already know my thoughts on this, Kyo. Loved every second of this!
I'm glad that I could be a part of making of this masterpiece. :]

Kyotachi
Org Profile

Post by Kyotachi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:38 am

SeNniN wrote:You already know my thoughts on this, Kyo. Loved every second of this!
I'm glad that I could be a part of making of this masterpiece. :]
yush! thank you again Ali! :dino:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”