[dps] The Wandering Journal

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

[dps] The Wandering Journal

Postby Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:46 am

Haven't been around here for awhile...this place scares me :uhoh:
Just going to put this here :nose:
You can read the explanation by simply clicking on the link. :awesome:
Kyotachi

Re: [dps] The Wandering Journal

Postby lolligerjoj » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:18 am

Really liked this. Has a really cool tone and is pretty stylish. The colors are perfect, the effects are used tastefully. :up:
But the plot is probably really hard to follow if you don't know the anime (which is unlikely ;))
lolligerjoj

Postby pacotacoshell » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 am

I thought this was pretty okay. I agree with the tasteful use of effects, and the typography was good. Though the concept seems like a regular Death Note story, and the win against Near in the end wasn't obvious (or visible at all to me). This reminds me of a mini-Maniaki vid, but less crazy.

Overall an okay vid that could have had a cooler concept to really push everything forward (like maybe Light killing people in different animes like S;G or something).
pacotacoshell

Postby Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 am

lolligerjoj wrote:Really liked this. Has a really cool tone and is pretty stylish. The colors are perfect, the effects are used tastefully. :up:
But the plot is probably really hard to follow if you don't know the anime (which is unlikely ;))

I agree.... it's pretty blurry the plot...i.e if you haven't watched the anime... that's why I made sure to get the mood right. Thank you :mrgreen:

pacotacoshell wrote:I thought this was pretty okay. I agree with the tasteful use of effects, and the typography was good. Though the concept seems like a regular Death Note story, and the win against Near in the end wasn't obvious (or visible at all to me). This reminds me of a mini-Maniaki vid, but less crazy.

Overall an okay vid that could have had a cooler concept to really push everything forward (like maybe Light killing people in different animes like S;G or something).

Thank you :). "the concept seems like a regular Death Note story" well that's what I was typically aiming for really. I didn't quite achieve the concept of defeating 'N' at the end..maybe due because of the borders closing in?....but if that's the case then perhaps v2 of this video does make more sense of what I was initially aiming for? ;o I don't often edit with Death Note so I can say for myself I'm not very good at it. :P
Again..thank you. :D
Kyotachi

Postby Shiver » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:39 am

Finally!! :awesome:
As I told you, I love this amv...I think the atmosphere centered very well the mood of the video :up:
I realized you have made Near be defeated the second time I watched the video so it was not so obvious but still understandable.
Good job as always :sorcerer:
Spoiler :
remember to post your videos here! :nose:
Shiver
Higurashiver

Postby Kyotachi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:00 am

haha thanks man! :D
Kyotachi

Postby SeNniN » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:19 pm

You already know my thoughts on this, Kyo. Loved every second of this!
I'm glad that I could be a part of making of this masterpiece. :]
SeNniN

Postby Kyotachi » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:38 am

SeNniN wrote:You already know my thoughts on this, Kyo. Loved every second of this!
I'm glad that I could be a part of making of this masterpiece. :]

yush! thank you again Ali! :dino:
Kyotachi

Return to AMV Announcements