If I Never

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Anicsi
Org Profile

If I Never

Post by Anicsi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 am

'If I never...'

'... I'd never feel alive.'

You know this moment, when you realize two things would fit together perfectly? Well, I felt like that when I listened to the song for the first time – and I hadn't even watched the Anime yet. In fact, I once swore myself I would never watch it, because from all the videos I had seen, I knew at least as much: It is absolutely heartbreaking.
Even so, after hearing the song, I just knew I had to blend the two together. And I am really glad I did, that I pushed aside the promise I made to myself and watched the Anime. I'm a very emotional person anyway, so of course I did cry, and I cried even more while editing this video (yes! I am one of those!!), but I also laughed and smiled, because at times the show is unexpectedly cheerful.

For those who don't know the Anime, a short recap: It is about a couple of childhood friends who lose their friend Menma, after an accident. They all blame themselves for her death, for different reasons, and start drifting apart afterwards. Menma's ghost comes back to tell them they must together fulfill her wish, so she can go to heaven. Sounds tragic? Yep, it is. I'm sorry I made it look like they do nothing but cry and run in that anime. They do other things, too! Occasionally....

I won't say much about the story or concept, because I think it's quite obvious. Just that I tried to get a hold of each character and their wishes, regrets and fears, within an intersected storyline. After all, the song really was perfect for that.
Anyway, I really hope you enjoy the video. I, for my part, had a lot of fun editing it, and I really hold it close to my heart.
Anna over and out~

youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u76QgZ06cXo

Note: Sorry that there's no Low-Res version for download. I hope encoding will be easier for me when I get a new computer...

xDreww
Org Profile

Re: If I Never

Post by xDreww » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:37 am

Lovely work again anna. <3

Anicsi
Org Profile

Re: If I Never

Post by Anicsi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:38 am

Thanks Andrew ^^ <3

Btw I noticed the preview quality is absolutely horrifying. People, please watch on youtube or download the video, it hurts my soul to see this... *sigh*

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”