I promise I will NEVER EVER EVER use Taylor Swift again...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

I promise I will NEVER EVER EVER use Taylor Swift again...

Post by l33tmeatwad » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:00 pm

Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

Taite
Org Profile

Re: I promise I will NEVER EVER EVER use Taylor Swift again.

Post by Taite » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:56 pm

I somehow knew that the first amv with the song (on the org at least) would be with this anime, since it's kind of the obvious choice, so I'm a little sad because I just hate this anime and it's not as surprising to me. But I got over that fact anyhow and it ended up being really cute and I could bear the anime. It's definitely the only decent amv with the song as of yet.
I like how the pacing was focused more on telling the story yet still had the important cuts so it wasn't too slow. It also made the video more interesting because the "flow" wasn't as predictable.
Story is easy to follow, thanks to good clip choice and the song lyrics.
The lip-sync was pretty good, but sometimes the tone in Swift's voice didn't fit the emotion on the face, or the lip sync was just too good in matching the opening/closing when it should that it was almost too clean and felt a bit unnatural, or it's just that Swift's voice doesn't match Taiga or whatever's character well enough and looks odd coming out of her mouth haha. I'm not sure, but lip sync was good! Just a bit odd at points for me.
Really love the pacing in this though and the internal sync. Made it much more interesting than I normally would have expected with this anime/song choice.
Nice job. :up:
Image Image

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:30 am

Welp, there goes one AMV idea out the window. *scraps project notes*

Seriously though, I really liked this. You hit the mood of the song really well, and the overall tone of Toradora as well. I liked the little subplot involving him with ol' blue-hair. Editing was pretty nice, and had a great pace about it.

I agree with Taite on the voiceovers and facial expression, but the lip sync was solid, and it just really felt like a great thing to add to it to bring us into the music video even more.

Still, I really dug it. :up:

l33tmeatwad
Org Profile

Post by l33tmeatwad » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:09 pm

Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. As for the facial expressions, since the tone of the song remains the same the entire time, it was a tradeoff for telling a progressive story compared to matching the facial expressions to the song at some parts. As for the subplot, where I edit linearly I started laying out the clips, so when finding clips of violence that I needed while progressing through the project it kinda started developing itself based on the limited number of clips that matched the direction I wanted to go with the video. Once I saw the potential of this from my clips choices, I decided to flesh it out as a subplot, lol...
CodeZTM wrote:Welp, there goes one AMV idea out the window. *scraps project notes*
You should have known...bad music with the potential for a romantic comedy...that's my turf yo! :bear:
Software & Guides: AMVpack | AMV 101 | AviSynth 101 | VapourSynth 101
PixelBlended Studios: Website | Twitter | YouTube

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:59 am

I imagined and would have liked a faster pacing for this song but at the same time,
Taite wrote:I like how the pacing was focused more on telling the story yet still had the important cuts so it wasn't too slow. It also made the video more interesting because the "flow" wasn't as predictable.
I kinda agree with this because it helped the video stand out and made it unique, which is nice in it's own way.

Quality was very nice, great scene choices, good storytelling....I think the only part I didn't really like was the white flashes and the lipsync. The flashes were a nice addition but felt too sharp for my tastes, I would have liked them to be a little smoother and more integrated into the scene rather than just, you know a block of white that appears and vanishes afterwards. The lipsync isn't badly done, like Taite mentioned earlier it actually looks really good, just it feels really weird to hear Swift's voice coming from Taiga. (And from Ryuji at around 0:20 just made me LOL)

But it's a pretty cute video and I liked it. :up:

BecauseImBored1
Org Profile

Post by BecauseImBored1 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Said it before and I'll say it again :3 I ADORE the desk jumping scene. I wish the entire vid kept that pace but good video overall.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”