AMV - Enchanted ~ (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

AMV - Enchanted ~ (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)

Postby coelhaknight » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Video: AMV - Enchanted
Category: Action, Drama, Romance, etc. ( 1)
Anime: Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
Song: Enchanted
Artist: Owl City
Creator: coelhaknight

I'm a new member here, and this is my first AMV. Enjoy! ^_^
coelhaknight

Re: AMV - Enchanted ~ (Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai!)

Postby tipsd9video » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:08 am

Wow that was really good for your first AMV! :D You should try making the cuts match the beat of the songs a little better next time.
youtube accounts:
tipsd9video for animations and AMVs
animefxnstuff for live action videos
tipsd9video

Postby coelhaknight » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:18 pm

Thank you! I remember that. :D
coelhaknight

Postby CodeZTM » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 am

Welcome to the org! Gave it a look, and overall, it makes first-time mistakes, but still had some good things about it too.

First of all, the visual quality is very blocky. Even on the highest Youtube setting, it was blocky and pixelated. Also had a watermark, which you should really consider cropping out in the future.

Editing wise, you should think more carefully about scene selection in the future. There were good sections to itthat really matched the lyrics of the video. Like :39-:42 or :53-:53, 2:49-3:30 or 1:01-1:03. Matched the mood and lyrics of the song well. Other scenes really didn't fit in (like the scene of her opening the train door with her fist), or didn't match the feeling of the song. Scenes also ran long and were repeated frequently (the scene of them eating together in the dark felt very repeated and overused). Try cutting it down into more manageable chunks and use more scenery. Also check the transitions of the video. See how at 2:33-2:34 it goes from a very dramatic dark scene to a very light static scene? It's harsh on viewers to have such a change in dynamic that quickly. Try and keep pace with the video's music and scene movement.

Overall though, you hit the mood of the song still, and that counts for a lot.

Give this guide a read-over, it's a helpful guide for first timers.
CodeZTM
Spin Me Round

Return to AMV Announcements