[Ohayocon 2013] Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
kapparomeo
Org Profile

[Ohayocon 2013] Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression

Post by kapparomeo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:16 pm

YouTube Stream

Although I've been making AMVs for over three years now, this is actually the first time that I've ever submitted one to round the convention circuit. I am pleased that it received an honourable mention as category runner-up on the very first pitch! Congratulations to EimiJ7, who won "Best Trailer/Parody" with The Avengers Live TV, and thanks to Adam Hinton, who organised a splendid show.

I believe that this is also the first Psycho-Pass AMV submitted to the .org - I hope that there're many more, because the show is an intriguing one with a lot of style and while I don't normally go in for the kawaii desu ne uguu~ rubbish in my anime... godDAMN if Akane isn't as cute as a shiny new button on a teddy-bear's waistcoat. :asd:

Everyone please enjoy, and C&C is always welcome.

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Re: [Ohayocon 2013] Psycho-Pass: Mental Regression

Post by EimiJ7 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 pm

This was really well put together ^.^ I enjoyed it a lot :up:
I don't know the anime at all :sweat: but it seemed to fit the mood of the trailer very well.

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 pm

Psycho-Pass is currently still being broadcats and you can watch it on Funimation's streaming site. That's the reason why I had to mix in shots from Akira, though - as the show isn't finished yet, I ran out of footage and the show wasn't obliging by giving me decent riot scenes before the deadline came around. Ghost in The Shell was I think largely seamless (same production studio, similar art), but the joins on the Akira scenes are rather obvious.

kapparomeo
Org Profile

Post by kapparomeo » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

Could I please ask a favour - could anyone from the USA tell me, are you able to watch the YouTube stream of the AMV? I've had a few reports that American viewers can't load the video, which is odd because it's never been a problem with my previous entries.

EimiJ7
Org Profile

Post by EimiJ7 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 am

It says it's blocked here because of copyright content :?

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:10 pm

Y NO 720P FOR A PSYCHO-PASS AMV??? D: Okay I know it's cause of the older footage but still. T__T

Anyway, generally pretty nice. I like the sound fx sync, those were neat. :up: The scene selection at a few places did feel a tad odd and didn't quite convey the intense feeling that trailers should have. So while it matches up quite nicely to the trailer audio, it didn't quite convey the awesomeness that is Psycho-Pass. (Maybe this is just the inner fangirl talking now.) And also frame blending. x__x It really distracts from the enjoyment of the video so remember to fix that for your next AMV!

Nice to see a Psycho-Pass AMV though! I love that show and seeing people edit with it makes me very happy. <3

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”