Distance - [2013 New Years MEP]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
OropherZero
Org Profile

Re: Distance - [2013 New Years MEP]

Post by OropherZero » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 am

since trance is my fave genre of music I highly enjoyed this vid. I really liked the Haruhi part too, really short but the mood was great. The Guilty Crown and Dantalion no Shoka ones were good too =D I was worried about an old anime like Place Promised being surrounded by newer anime but it fits well with the Distance theme. Too bad it doesn't work on my PS3 for some reason =(

CacoVenom
Org Profile

Post by CacoVenom » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:30 pm

great job everyone :up:

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:50 am

Ace.

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 am

Lot of repetitive trance scenes that you see in trance vids :/ Some new scenes but... a lot of the scenes are starting to get too repetitive ._.

I know, I'm quoting someone but I wouldn't say it if I didn't agree |:

Taite
Org Profile

Post by Taite » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:40 am

Why do I feel like I've seen this amv several times before... oh, that's because I have. It's basically every trance amv I've ever seen. There were two tracks that were halfway bearable because they were pretty to look at, the rest were just random scenes set to typical trance music with incomprehensible lyrics as usual. If it were one anime maybe I'd get it more, but it's a bunch of anime with a general saddish theme set to a song that sounds like... well, every other trance song.
This is obviously a personal thing, since if you like trance you're prolly going to like this (I obviously don't), but I feel there's no more originality in this than any other trance amv. I'll :up: for the effort though.
Image Image

lloyd9988
Org Profile

Post by lloyd9988 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:51 am

Taite wrote:Why do I feel like I've seen this amv several times before... oh, that's because I have. It's basically every trance amv I've ever seen. There were two tracks that were halfway bearable because they were pretty to look at, the rest were just random scenes set to typical trance music with incomprehensible lyrics as usual. If it were one anime maybe I'd get it more, but it's a bunch of anime with a general saddish theme set to a song that sounds like... well, every other trance song.
This is obviously a personal thing, since if you like trance you're prolly going to like this (I obviously don't), but I feel there's no more originality in this than any other trance amv. I'll :up: for the effort though.
I want your balls ._.

Mkid
Im on the case
Org Profile

Post by Mkid » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:54 am

lloyd9988 wrote:
Taite wrote:Why do I feel like I've seen this amv several times before... oh, that's because I have. It's basically every trance amv I've ever seen. There were two tracks that were halfway bearable because they were pretty to look at, the rest were just random scenes set to typical trance music with incomprehensible lyrics as usual. If it were one anime maybe I'd get it more, but it's a bunch of anime with a general saddish theme set to a song that sounds like... well, every other trance song.
I want your balls.....
In my Mouth!

xDreww
Org Profile

Post by xDreww » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:49 pm

OropherZero wrote:since trance is my fave genre of music I highly enjoyed this vid. I really liked the Haruhi part too, really short but the mood was great. The Guilty Crown and Dantalion no Shoka ones were good too =D I was worried about an old anime like Place Promised being surrounded by newer anime but it fits well with the Distance theme. Too bad it doesn't work on my PS3 for some reason =(
Should work for the PS3. Tried to playback both versions? Thanks for the comment glad you liked it!
lloyd9988 wrote:Lot of repetitive trance scenes that you see in trance vids :/ Some new scenes but... a lot of the scenes are starting to get too repetitive ._.

I know, I'm quoting someone but I wouldn't say it if I didn't agree |:
It's all good. Thats your opinion. Thanks for watching. :)
Maybe you must be mistaken by another video. Pretty sure THIS MEP isn't the same as another MEP. If you find a MEP with the same exact scenes and transitions please let me know. :)
Regardless I appreciate your opinion, that is yours, and you don't like trance AMVs, you have your own music taste which is cool. :) Some people are pretty strict and take AMVS seriously and can't just enjoy it without complaining about more then a few things. Thats cool too. Thanks for your thoughts Alex, happy you took the time to watch it. Thanks :)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”