The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

Postby DazedTheory » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:19 pm

Second attempt at editing but this is the first video I published. All feedback welcome. Enjoy! :D
--------------------------
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury
DazedTheory

Re: The Demon First AMV (Created By DazedTheory)

Postby DazedTheory » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:35 pm

Lol still no feedback?
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury
DazedTheory

Postby irriadin » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:23 am

It's not a bad first video, but the flow was too monotonous. There's a lot of variety in the song; tempo changes, dynamics, etc. During softer portions of the song, the editing didn't really change all that much (for example, in your video: instead of fighting, we get the stand-off before the fight begins... it's OK, but a missed opportunity). So this didn't make your video particularly memorable, unfortunately. Furthermore, it was all just about the fight scenes. The song is ostensibly more dramatic in nature... if you'd focused a bit more on the main character's motivations (like "why's he doing this?") it would have improved the video.

For technical advice: be careful with speeding up footage with people talking in the clip, it looks goofy. On the same token, slowing down clips too much makes them look jerky and just bad, so don't do it. Lastly, more people will reply to your topic if you actually host your video on the org, rather than linking to YouTube.

Good luck!
irriadin
BUBBLES!

Postby DazedTheory » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:07 pm

Thank you! i'll be sure to apply these things in my next video! >:)
Profile Twitter Youtube

PSN - DazedFury
DazedTheory

Return to AMV Announcements