Petal [AKROSS 2012]

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Re: Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Postby xDreww » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

I liked it. :3 Technical was very nice, good editing all around. Cept for the story could have been a bit more detailed in my opinion. Thats just the only flaw I have. But pretty great edit though. Good luck. :3
xDreww

Postby Centurione » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

TritioAFB wrote:I'll comment detailed once I'm done with my duties with AKROSS. For the moment, some of my friends that watched the video said that it was good :up:

I'm waiting for your comment then :awesome:

diegao94 wrote:I liked it! I haven't fully understood it, but you did a pretty nice job! Good luck in the contest! :shark:

Quite a lot of people appear to have problems with understanding what's going on there, but well, maybe I'll do better next time ^^'. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!

irriadin wrote:I enjoyed the mood and atmosphere. Good use of instrumental. However, I can't help but feel that the video is a bit lacking in substance. There doesn't seem to be anything more to it than what is written in the video description. Why the boy cares about the girl, what the girl represents to him... we don't know and I feel like the scene selection doesn't bring the amount of mystery it should. So I appreciate the technical side of things, but the story really didn't do much for me. Good luck!

Like I said above, I need to work on my story-telling both for easy understanding and for making it 'have more sense'. I'll try to concentrate on that when doing next projects of this type. Thanks a lot ;)

xDreww wrote:I liked it. :3 Technical was very nice, good editing all around. Cept for the story could have been a bit more detailed in my opinion. Thats just the only flaw I have. But pretty great edit though. Good luck. :3

I won't repeat the same thing for the third time here, just read above xD. Thank you!

Seriously, I wouldn't expect the vid to be recieved as well as it is :ying: :ying:
Centurione

Postby Shin-AMV » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

Its hard to make an instrumental AMV and keep it interesting enough for me to watch from start to finish. I managed to watch it all, good vibe and some nice technical work. :up:
Shin-AMV

Postby nihilant01 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am

Stunning amv.
I love blue and sparkling videos, and the plot is quite easy to understand, even if it could be told better: it would have been more interesting if you showed what kind of relationship there was between the boy and the "ghost" girl.
However I really enjoyed this, it's not easy to combine different sources that good. Good luck for the contest!
nihilant01

Postby Kisagi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

Nicely done :up:
Kisagi

Postby Kisagi » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

Nicely done :up:
Kisagi

Postby -Kyros- » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:
-Kyros-

Postby Centurione » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Its hard to make an instrumental AMV and keep it interesting enough for me to watch from start to finish. I managed to watch it all, good vibe and some nice technical work. :up:

Oh my. Thanks, it means quite a lot to me :ying:

nihilant01 wrote:Stunning amv.
I love blue and sparkling videos, and the plot is quite easy to understand, even if it could be told better: it would have been more interesting if you showed what kind of relationship there was between the boy and the "ghost" girl.
However I really enjoyed this, it's not easy to combine different sources that good. Good luck for the contest!

Thank you so much! Blue and sparkles has always been *.*. About the relationship... read my post above xD. Thanks once again!

Theredflash66 wrote:Nicely done :up:

Thanks!

-Kyros- wrote:I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:

I wrote about the story thing above^^. I'm glad you liked it anyway :ying:

As I needed some break with studying, I've done a fast 'making of'. Aspect ratio is bad but, oh well, need to get back to studying.
MAKING OF PETAL
Centurione

Postby Animated » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Since I've been praising you during beta-testing, here's what's more I have to say:

Spoiler :

Great, great job Eve :up: Best of luck on Akross, go kick some ass! :awesome:
(and get back to your TTT part, now!)
Animated
Drama Text Cop

Postby M'o'l » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

<3
So... do You want cookie as a reward ? :dino:
GO MAGIC CARP USE SPLASH ATTACK.
M'o'l
Strawberry Pie

Postby bombush » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:00 am

First of all: Awesome job! :up:

Now that I got that out of my system, let's get a little more specific...

I loved every bit of the video, including the story. With the recent abundance of crossover videos with tight storytelling following pretty much the same pattern of unrequited/tragic love, what you did felt like a breath of fresh air. A storytelling video built solely on emotions, a mystery but unpretentious amv. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but the vague storytelling was precisely what made the atmosphere so strong. I actually even felt that the photo frame at the end was telling too much, and since it is a very concrete and in crossover videos overused object it felt kind of disrupting to the whole mystery atmosphere.

Anyways... loved it!

EDIT: just please don't make your storytelling too easy to understand. I want to see more videos like this one^^
bombush

Postby Cecco » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:18 pm

Awesome centu!
Good luck!
Cecco
Biscotto

Postby Nya-chan Production » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:18 am

Everyone is abusing Oreki... Poor Chitanda ;___;
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view

Postby MagicDarkLight » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:51 am

I liked it, the blue feeling is cool, the implementation of the different animes and how you managed to make it burst when the music finally takes off :D Could have been smoother and cleaner at some parts but it was ok overalls. Good job and good luck in Akross!
MagicDarkLight

Postby Centurione » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 am

Animated wrote:Since I've been praising you during beta-testing, here's what's more I have to say:

Spoiler :

Great, great job Eve :up: Best of luck on Akross, go kick some ass! :awesome:
(and get back to your TTT part, now!)

Shhhhhhhh... I didn't do it in Paint... :oops:

Thanks.
You'd better send me your part now!

Milk Or Life! wrote:<3
So... do You want cookie as a reward ? :dino:

I want a whole cake.

bombush wrote:First of all: Awesome job! :up:

Now that I got that out of my system, let's get a little more specific...

I loved every bit of the video, including the story. With the recent abundance of crossover videos with tight storytelling following pretty much the same pattern of unrequited/tragic love, what you did felt like a breath of fresh air. A storytelling video built solely on emotions, a mystery but unpretentious amv. I understand it's not everyone's cup of tea but the vague storytelling was precisely what made the atmosphere so strong. I actually even felt that the photo frame at the end was telling too much, and since it is a very concrete and in crossover videos overused object it felt kind of disrupting to the whole mystery atmosphere.

Anyways... loved it!

EDIT: just please don't make your storytelling too easy to understand. I want to see more videos like this one^^

Oh my thank you soo much <3 You don't know how glad I am you liked and understood it so much! :ying:
About future projects, well, I suppose I'll do them just the way I want xD

Cecco wrote:Awesome centu!
Good luck!

Thanks! And same for you :awesome:

Nya-chan Production wrote:Everyone is abusing Oreki... Poor Chitanda ;___;

He's just too smexy for that girl :ying:

MagicDarkLight wrote:I liked it, the blue feeling is cool, the implementation of the different animes and how you managed to make it burst when the music finally takes off :D Could have been smoother and cleaner at some parts but it was ok overalls. Good job and good luck in Akross!

Thanks! I'll do my best to make 'cleaner' stuff in future since now I see what's wrong about it. Thanks once again! :D
Centurione

PreviousNext

Return to AMV Announcements