Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
xDreww
Org Profile

Re: Petal [AKROSS 2012]

Post by xDreww » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:55 am

I liked it. :3 Technical was very nice, good editing all around. Cept for the story could have been a bit more detailed in my opinion. Thats just the only flaw I have. But pretty great edit though. Good luck. :3

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

TritioAFB wrote:I'll comment detailed once I'm done with my duties with AKROSS. For the moment, some of my friends that watched the video said that it was good :up:
I'm waiting for your comment then :awesome:
diegao94 wrote:I liked it! I haven't fully understood it, but you did a pretty nice job! Good luck in the contest! :shark:
Quite a lot of people appear to have problems with understanding what's going on there, but well, maybe I'll do better next time ^^'. Thanks, I'm glad you liked it!
irriadin wrote:I enjoyed the mood and atmosphere. Good use of instrumental. However, I can't help but feel that the video is a bit lacking in substance. There doesn't seem to be anything more to it than what is written in the video description. Why the boy cares about the girl, what the girl represents to him... we don't know and I feel like the scene selection doesn't bring the amount of mystery it should. So I appreciate the technical side of things, but the story really didn't do much for me. Good luck!
Like I said above, I need to work on my story-telling both for easy understanding and for making it 'have more sense'. I'll try to concentrate on that when doing next projects of this type. Thanks a lot ;)
xDreww wrote:I liked it. :3 Technical was very nice, good editing all around. Cept for the story could have been a bit more detailed in my opinion. Thats just the only flaw I have. But pretty great edit though. Good luck. :3
I won't repeat the same thing for the third time here, just read above xD. Thank you!

Seriously, I wouldn't expect the vid to be recieved as well as it is :ying: :ying:

Shin-AMV
Org Profile

Post by Shin-AMV » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:48 am

Its hard to make an instrumental AMV and keep it interesting enough for me to watch from start to finish. I managed to watch it all, good vibe and some nice technical work. :up:

nihilant01
Org Profile

Post by nihilant01 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 am

Stunning amv.
I love blue and sparkling videos, and the plot is quite easy to understand, even if it could be told better: it would have been more interesting if you showed what kind of relationship there was between the boy and the "ghost" girl.
However I really enjoyed this, it's not easy to combine different sources that good. Good luck for the contest!

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

Nicely done :up:

Shinzui IT
The sexy Artist
Org Profile

Post by Shinzui IT » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:01 am

Nicely done :up:

-Kyros-
Org Profile

Post by -Kyros- » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:39 am

I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:

Centurione
Org Profile

Post by Centurione » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Shin-AMV wrote:Its hard to make an instrumental AMV and keep it interesting enough for me to watch from start to finish. I managed to watch it all, good vibe and some nice technical work. :up:
Oh my. Thanks, it means quite a lot to me :ying:
nihilant01 wrote:Stunning amv.
I love blue and sparkling videos, and the plot is quite easy to understand, even if it could be told better: it would have been more interesting if you showed what kind of relationship there was between the boy and the "ghost" girl.
However I really enjoyed this, it's not easy to combine different sources that good. Good luck for the contest!
Thank you so much! Blue and sparkles has always been *.*. About the relationship... read my post above xD. Thanks once again!
Theredflash66 wrote:Nicely done :up:
Thanks!
-Kyros- wrote:I'm not very clear concept, but you did a really good job :awesome:
good luck for the contest :jester:
I wrote about the story thing above^^. I'm glad you liked it anyway :ying:

As I needed some break with studying, I've done a fast 'making of'. Aspect ratio is bad but, oh well, need to get back to studying.
MAKING OF PETAL

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Since I've been praising you during beta-testing, here's what's more I have to say:
Spoiler :
Great, great job Eve :up: Best of luck on Akross, go kick some ass! :awesome:
(and get back to your TTT part, now!)

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:19 pm

<3
So... do You want cookie as a reward ? :dino:
Still better than that MMO.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”