Scar the Avenger (Part One of my Crush 40 Trilogy)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Scar the Avenger (Part One of my Crush 40 Trilogy)

Postby KingRoyMustang » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 am

This is the first video in my Crush 40 trilogy.
I decided to do these videos because of how criminally underrated Crush 40 is as a band just because they create music for the Sonic the Hedgehog series.
This video is a parody of the Shadow the Hedgehog intro.
YouTube link to my AMV; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgfsSln24pM
Original Shadow the Hedgehog intro; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoNEHIIy4RA
KingRoyMustang

Re: Scar the Avenger (Part One of my Crush 40 Trilogy)

Postby Melanchthon » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:17 pm

Some technical things first, to get them out of the way.

You took 16:9 source, letterboxed it to 4:3 for editing, and then letterboxed it again to 16:9? Whyyyyyyy? Also, the video at the centre of the black spaces is a little big. There's no need to upscale video in a single-source AMV, as all it does is make the picture look fuzzy and increase the file size. Let the viewer's software handle that, if they want a full-screen video.

The video itself is alright, though it would feel a bit livelier with better-quality source. It keeps up the pace and the fight scenes are pretty good, but it just kind of... ends. Scar's rapid lip-flapping during that one shot at about 1.09 is also a little distracting. I don't really mind lip-flap per se, but that rapid movement really stands out against the more natural-looking clothing and electricity movement.
Melanchthon

Return to AMV Announcements