I'm Only Getting Started

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SeNniN
Org Profile

Re: I'm Only Getting Started

Post by SeNniN » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:01 pm

GloryQuestor wrote:Fast-paced and kept with the beat. I thought the music appropriate to the video source, in that you kept it action-oriented throughout. Just when it was getting started, it was over, leaving the viewer wanting more. ;)

Overall, an enjoyable video with some great entertainment value. Good job. :D
pretty much this.
It was entertaining to watch. Good stuff. :up:

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 am

SeNniN wrote:
GloryQuestor wrote:Fast-paced and kept with the beat. I thought the music appropriate to the video source, in that you kept it action-oriented throughout. Just when it was getting started, it was over, leaving the viewer wanting more. ;)

Overall, an enjoyable video with some great entertainment value. Good job. :D
pretty much this.
It was entertaining to watch. Good stuff. :up:
Thanks to you both.
CodeZTM wrote:I'm glad to finally see someone do this song.
To be fair, the song was used during the Quickening contest which produced a few videos to the song. So I can take credit for using the song first by any means.
CodeZTM wrote:Still though, I really liked it! It was a very interesting edit. :up:
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:07 pm

I have to admit that I giggled a little at the "I can't feel my hands" bit, because I'm a terrible person, but great video, Scott! I really enjoyed it.
:ying:

Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:42 pm

aesling wrote:I have to admit that I giggled a little at the "I can't feel my hands" bit, because I'm a terrible person, but great video, Scott! I really enjoyed it.
That's ok, I STILL laugh at all the I'M ON FIYAH parts X3

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:30 pm

I loved the editing but I just cant enjoy the song as much as I would like. It was fun to watch tho. And its made me finally check out FMA: Brotherhood. I've enjoyed the first 4 episodes.

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:34 pm

aesling wrote:I have to admit that I giggled a little at the "I can't feel my hands" bit, because I'm a terrible person, but great video, Scott! I really enjoyed it.
I am also a terrible person >.> Glad you enjoyed it.
Moonlight Soldier wrote:That's ok, I STILL laugh at all the I'M ON FIYAH parts X3
You would.
Shinodude wrote:I loved the editing but I just cant enjoy the song as much as I would like. It was fun to watch tho. And its made me finally check out FMA: Brotherhood. I've enjoyed the first 4 episodes.
Haven't seen you around in a while. Everyone has different tastes in music so no probs. Brotherhood was great IMO. Much better than the first FMA.

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:30 am

Ah! It's been stuck in my head. Nice work. :up:

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Melanchthon
Org Profile

Post by Melanchthon » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm

It's kind of weird to see such dramatic low-effects editing applied to such a peppy song. There might be more slightly dark moments like the 'I can't feel my arms' line hidden in there, but I'm not really familiar enough with FMA to notice them.

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 am

It's no secret that I prefer the first anime to the second, but this did a fine job especially with the scene selection. I would have synched things up a little differently (since I was saying to myself, "where's the action sync on the words?" many times through the video), but I think you did a fine job.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

AimoAio
Being elegantly...lazy
Org Profile

Post by AimoAio » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:05 am

Really nice clean cuts, it makes the video look really neat and the flow much more noticeable. You also chose some of the best scenes from the anime and kept the pacing really dynamic to keep the viewer pumped and excited. I really enjoyed it, nice job! :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”