Brad's Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Silk's entries

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SilkAMV
Org Profile

Brad's Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Silk's entries

Post by SilkAMV » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:59 pm

It took quite a long time but in the end I took 2nd place. I think I choked in the final round, but I'm pleased that I placed. Back to casual Iron Chef matches for now. Here are my videos by round. Each of them was edited in 2 hours, except for the final one, which was 3 hours.

This one is Brad's favorite video of the whole tournament. I think I was just lucky to get such a good source/song match right away.

I was very happy with this one. KnK has to be the easiest anime in the world to edit. In 2 hours I made a 2 1/2 minute video that I was actually pleased with. It is flawed, though. The action scenes don't mesh with the slower ones and there's no coherent mood. But, I didn't make many mistakes editing-wise and it has good sync. Too bad the song doesn't match it very well.

Uhg. I didn't enjoy this one at all. The song matches the source even less than the last round and it wasn't very fun to edit to (but awesome to listen to of course). Also, I took a risk by challenging myself to make a 3 minute Iron Chef video. I did succeed, but the video suffered for it so I won't be trying that again. Still it did advance me to round 4 so the judges must have liked it.

This one was lots of fun. I had to put together 4 groups of 3 sources each. The group that got selected was the one I had to edit with. Luckily, I got the one with the three anime that go very well together.

The video that got me second place. I wasn't happy with it at all. Not because it wasn't fun, but because I feel like I could have done a lot better. I really hate having an extra hour to edit. It makes me overconfident. On top of that, the song and source matched well. I just didn't have that feeling of desperation that helps push out quality IC videos. After two hours I wasn't even half-way done and I had to rush most of the video. Frankly, I was surprised it placed as high as it did. 2nd place worked out for the better though. The 1st prize was a 2tb hard drive and I already have too many. 2nd place was 50 bucks, which means I finally bought Street Fighter.

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Re: Brad's Iron Chef Tournament v4.0 - Silk's entries

Post by MimS » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:24 pm

Imho, you just made the best vids in the tournament, if I was the only one to choose, you would be the winner lol
Congrats on 2nd place and well, Chiikaboom deserved her win despite what I said, her vids were solid too (and I did have an hard time choosing who I would put 1st between both of you ^^)

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:02 pm

Thanks Mims. I am happy with second, but I would have liked to have won just the same :(.

GloryQuestor
Moderation Hero
Org Profile

Post by GloryQuestor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 pm

You are an Iron Chef wizard. Doing such clear concepts in 2 hours each is really indicative of your talents.

Wow. Just wow. :D
Website Administrator, AnimeMusicVideos.Org
Samurai Warriors Productions
Pittsburgh Japanese Culture Society Events - AMV Department Head
Middle Tennessee Anime Convention - Main Events Operations Manager
Anime Weekend Atlanta - Senior Manager of Programming - Video Art Track

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:09 am

HAX!!! HAX I TELL YOU!!! Why can't racing animu win in this tournament? Robbed I say! (actually, I haven't seen the winning video, but still)

Good stuff. :up:
ImageImageImageImage

SilkAMV
Org Profile

Post by SilkAMV » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:20 pm

ngsilver wrote:HAX!!! HAX I TELL YOU!!! Why can't racing animu win in this tournament? Robbed I say! (actually, I haven't seen the winning video, but still)

Here it is if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUtUQvZpuY. KORRA!!! *shakes fist*

ngsilver
The Old School Otaku
Org Profile

Post by ngsilver » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Silk_SK wrote:
ngsilver wrote:HAX!!! HAX I TELL YOU!!! Why can't racing animu win in this tournament? Robbed I say! (actually, I haven't seen the winning video, but still)

Here it is if you want to check it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDUtUQvZpuY. KORRA!!! *shakes fist*
Yup, my original statement stands. Racing animu just can't win. It's ok. I know you're awesome. |:>
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”